lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2014, 05:57 AM   #11
toslc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99TXT no reverse

I switched S1 and S2 on the motor and the cart goes in reverse. Not sure if it is the alignment or not, but I had a contact (copper bolt) go bad earlier this year . . . I think it was due to me hauling a BUNCH of rocks and it over heated . . . . so I'm just going to order a new HD F/R switch and be done with it.

But it does leave me wondering why you couldn't replace the switch with a couple of HD solenoids? Or maybe someone has tried it and I just haven't come across the post yet?
toslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2014, 06:19 AM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

As JohnnyB said, it's nearly 100% possible that if a motor runs in one direction, it will run in the other. The problem is nearly 100% in the electrical portion.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:54 AM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by toslc View Post
I switched S1 and S2 on the motor and the cart goes in reverse. Not sure if it is the alignment or not, but I had a contact (copper bolt) go bad earlier this year . . . I think it was due to me hauling a BUNCH of rocks and it over heated . . . . so I'm just going to order a new HD F/R switch and be done with it.

But it does leave me wondering why you couldn't replace the switch with a couple of HD solenoids? Or maybe someone has tried it and I just haven't come across the post yet?
Yep, reversing contators

Bunch of threads here about those.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:10 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:

If it got hot enough that one of the copper bolts need to be replaced, the board it is mounted in was probably damaged also.

Sounds like the cart gets a heavy workout occasionally.

Either replace the F/R switch with the HD assembly sold by Carts unlimited: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/F_R_Switch_Upgrades.html

Or the reversing contactor he sells: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Reversing_Contactors.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:12 AM   #15
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:

YES they have.....they are called "Reversing Contactors" and in fact, if you want to pursue that avenue, ScottyB has a kit for that as well.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:26 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
would a continuity test on f/r switch be faster than motor test ?
To insure there was no voltage between the contacts and/or parallel circuits, you'd have to remove at least three of the four high current cables.

You could also switch the stator cables at the F/R switch (B and D studs) instead of at the motor.

Which of the ways is faster depends on how accessible the motor or f/r assembly is.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:30 AM   #17
toslc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

JohnnieB - It wasn't that bad to swap the two cables on the motor, I even have the flip flop seat, and still swapped it, and put it back in 20 minutes . . . even with my kids "helping" me. :D

JohnnieB / Sir Nuke - Thanks for the heads up on the reversing contactors, I figured someone made one, just really didn't go looking much . . . because I didn't want to find anything better and have to make the decision to upgrade to a HD rotating switch for a lil $ or UPGRADE to a reversing contactor for more $$$$! LOL!!! It will prolly depend on how much my wife hates fighting the F/R lever, as to how much $$$ she will allocate.

Thanks again, this site in invaluable!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks again, this site in invaluable!
You don't know the expertise available here. And they ain't tryin' to sell you stuff, like other forums (BU). The high dollar stuff that is recommended is worth every penny.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:52 PM   #19
toslc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ScottyB, order for a reversing contactor has been placed.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:55 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It's a sweet little upgrade. You will like it every time you get in it and drive
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO