lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2014, 09:00 AM   #11
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes especially if you are going to upgrade the controller.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2014, 10:43 AM   #12
kylembaca
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT 2002 Rebuild

Over the weekend I stripped the cart and got it ready to sand blast and epoxy coat.

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

Also Plasti Dipped the top with black.

IMG_0777.jpg
kylembaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Kyle.....you are doing about the same upgrade as I did.....the only difference is I picked a different motor. You can see everything in my sig......and here is a link to my build......you can see I too did a total frame off upgrade.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...art-build.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylembaca View Post
Does anyone know if this motor I have will run on a 48V setup?

Attachment 109953
WILL it work with 48v......YES, but considering what you plan to do with your cart, and your vision of all your mods......you would be way ahead to get the new upgraded motor to start.

Quote:
Also does anyone know if upgrading the wires from the controller to the Motor (A1, A2, S1, S2) will give me any advantage? One of the wires were damaged so I will have to replace. If going larger will help I will do that from the beginning.
YES, considering what your plan is......you need to replace ALL of the high current cables with 2 ga.

Talk to Scotty.....whether you go with the 486 or 485 Pkg's.....he will recommend you go with a 2 ga. set.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:08 PM   #14
kylembaca
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sir Nuke,

Great link to your build, I plan to upgrade to a new motor in the next 6 months, but for now to many irons in the fire...if you know what I mean. I'm buying all new batteries, controller, lift, tires.. ect. LOL. I figured the motor could wait.

I got the 2 gauge cables on order should be here by the weekend and give me a project to do for the weekend!!!

I talked to Scotty Friday, and I think I'm gonna go with the 486 package and just turn the controller down to 500 amps, when I get the new motor I will crank it up!!!

I like how your cart has the stereo system, I think I will do the same.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #15
kylembaca
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok guys it's been a while since I updated, I got my frame back from the paint shop this week. Also got all my 2 AWG wires cut and crimped to length. Here is a picture of the frame. Also I tried to contact that scotty B dude via email and never heard back from him. Does he take a while to respond?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0913.jpg (182.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #16
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Ok guys it's been a while since I updated, I got my frame back from the paint shop this week. Also got all my 2 AWG wires cut and crimped to length. Here is a picture of the frame. Also I tried to contact that scotty B dude via email and never heard back from him. Does he take a while to respond?
it shouldn't......you could always PM him here on the site.....OR call him.

855-888-CARTS
Old 10-13-2014, 02:36 PM   #17
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Up grading any one wire will not help. You current will only flow as much as your weakest cable will allow. Upgrading all cables will help a little but will allow for future upgrades to controller, etc. Go 2 gauge no so you will be ready for upgrades later.
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #18
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowilliams View Post
Up grading any one wire will not help. You current will only flow as much as your weakest cable will allow. Upgrading all cables will help a little but will allow for future upgrades to controller, etc. Go 2 gauge no so you will be ready for upgrades later.
Sorry, just realized I was way behind.
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:26 PM   #19
kylembaca
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Its been a while since I posted, my funding for the project got cut short when I found out we were having a our first baby in August(little boy). I just recently got my wife to stop buying baby stuff and had a chance to order the 6" drop axle lift with some 23" tires and rims. I had slowly been working on refinishing the body. I also bought 8 new T-105 6 volt batteries. Here are a few pictures of my progress. First picture is the lift and tires installed, second and third picture is the body and roof installed, and fourth picture is how I plan to place all 8 batteries. I am still running the stock 36V controller and stock F/R switch. I plan to give Scottyb a call once we get back from vacation and get the 600 amp controller package on order along with the HD F/R switch and a new 48V charger. Hope you enjoy the post. Let me know if you have any questions.

Work in progress is mounting the controller and solenoid under the seat and installing a new light bar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1758.jpg (140.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1763.jpg (152.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1766.jpg (165.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1774.jpg (89.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1775.jpg (91.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-27-2015, 06:44 PM   #20
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Looking good!!!

Tags
2002, hunting, lift, series, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO