lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #11
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: cart died last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Trace the wire from Pin-10 back to Run/Tow switch and then back to the power source.
Both the Red and the Red/Wht wires on the Run/Tow switch should have B+ on them 100% of the time (unless it has a reed switch and the charger is plugged in)
The other two wire should have B+ on them when switch is in RUN position.

It has to have been connected to B+ someplace or it wouldn't have ran before it stopped running.

Butt connectors are problems looking for a place to happen. I solder and shrink tube or solder and wire nut connections.
DVM minus to 10 DVM+ to pack, meter shows pack voltage??
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
DVM minus to 10 DVM+ to pack, meter shows pack voltage??
If you get pack voltage when DVM- lead is on Pin-10 and DVM+ lead is on main positive terminal of battery pack, you have an open someplace in the wiring going to Pin-10 from the main positive terminal on the battery pack.

Might be bad contacts in the Run/Tow switch.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #13
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks Johnnie for all the help, I'm taking a break from the beast for the rest of the day.
Will start replacing the butt connectors tomorrow and further check out
Old 10-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #14
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Johnny it's a direct short, between pack v and pin 10 could it be the controller?
Old 10-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Johnny it's a direct short, between pack v and pin 10 could it be the controller?
Perhaps I misunderstood when you said "DVM minus to 10 DVM+ to pack, meter shows pack voltage??"

Just to be sure we are on the same page, connect the DVM negative test lead to the main negative terminal on the battery pack and leave it there.

Place F/R in F
Turn Key ON.

With the DVM positive test lead, measure the voltage at the following spots and post them.

Main Positive terminal on battery pack =?
Pin-6 =?
Pin-7 =?
Pin-9 =?
Pin-10 =?

Is the Green LED on?
Old 10-27-2014, 03:58 PM   #16
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

6-7-and -9, show 51v pack voltage no light on controller pin 10 0 voltage, move minus dvm lead to pos pack voltage, pin ten then shows 51v pack voltage.

Plus shmbo is on my case to get her cart running, to make her happy I did the brakes this morning, and I'm replacing the frt axle, now hopefully now all she needs is the batteries,
Old 10-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
6-7-and -9, show 51v pack voltage no light on controller pin 10 0 voltage, move minus dvm lead to pos pack voltage, pin ten then shows 51v pack voltage.

Plus shmbo is on my case to get her cart running, to make her happy I did the brakes this morning, and I'm replacing the frt axle, now hopefully now all she needs is the batteries,
With + battery pack voltage on Pin-10, the controller will not power up, so the LED will not illuminate.

Reading pack voltage on Pin-10 when the DVM - test lead is moved to the main positive terminal on the battery pack, tells me Pin-1 is somehow connected to the battery pack's main negative terminal.

Something frightfully wrong with the cart's wiring.

I believe it is time to pull the wire loons apart and physically trace the wire from PIN-10 and find out what it is connected to.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #18
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

will look into it tomorrow, spent most of the day on mamas cart which is now a rolling chassis, hopefully all it will need is batteries now
Thanks Johnnie for all the help

Tags
it's dead
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO