lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2016, 08:03 PM   #1
swga25
Not Yet Wild

Default Lift kit and braking

I installed a 6" Madjax A-Arm kit with 23" tires on my 2015 Drive last week. Installation went pretty well, and it handles well. The problem I'm having is that when I apply the brakes the cart shakes, not violently but very noticeable, until it stops and the brake pedal pulses. When I just let it roll to a stop with no braking it's normal. I've adjusted the cable at the brake pedal to make the cable looser and tried some minor toe adjustments, but I'm having no luck. I'm definitely missing something......probably something really simple. I appreciate any advice, or pointing me in the direction of a thread on this subject.
swga25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2016, 08:39 PM   #2
wicked872
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Lift kit and braking

sounds like the brakes are not releasing all the way causing heat to warp something, raise the rear end and spin the wheels, they should spin easily, on a Drive I think the brakes are integrated in the differential, you may have to take a little more adjustment out on the pedal under the floor.
wicked872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:26 PM   #3
swga25
Not Yet Wild

I think the brakes on the newer drives have hubs, not integrated to the differential. I think you are on to something though. I remember the brake and wheel on the driver's side being hot to the touch after a drive yesterday. Passengers side was fine. I'll try a couple of adjustments tomorrow before I start messing with the alignment again. Thanks for the advice!
Old 01-19-2017, 02:09 PM   #4
Molon Labe USA
Getting Wild

I'm having the same issue as you, but mine's electric, after installing a Jake's 6" lift. I have the Shafer/Dana rear axle w/brakes NOT in the diff. My brakes don't work near as good as they did prior to lift & have a bad pulse in the brake pedal when applying the brakes (like a warped rotor).
Did you ever get this resolved?
Molon Labe USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:56 PM   #5
swga25
Not Yet Wild

Never got it resolved, finally just gave up. You described my exact problem. Handles fine but shakes when braking. I adjusted the brake cable slightly, but it really didn't help. If you eventually figure it out, please post the remedy.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha