lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2016, 06:56 AM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 engine

I always recommend genuine Yamaha parts if you can find them, but they are getting rare for the G1. Use caution when buying China made reproduction engine parts.....Make sure when you buy them they are made by the same factory. If you can't verify that, make sure you buy the parts from the same distributor. The reason is that not all China factories use the same standards and parts may not fit perfectly. Also have a machine shop measure the new parts to make sure they are matched. If any machining needs done, they can help you.

When you buy a new jug and piston they are always standard size. This is so they can be overbored int the future when a rebuild is needed. There isn't any measurable power difference between standard G1 and oversized G1.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2016, 07:44 AM   #12
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thats exactly why I choose to find Yamaha piston and bore out the cylinder better quality and cheaper then the top end kits!
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:55 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

yes, the old myth of "i bored my 350 block out, now its a 454" still exists. the oversize pistons are for servicing & rebuilding at "close to" original sizes within the limits of a factory cylinder, not like a big increase from adding alot of displacement.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 04:08 AM   #14
Skoobyj
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have agreed to completely rebuild a pair of g1 engines for a relative. He has agreed to 750 each plus any extras. That's 500 for the kit and 250 labor... Each.
I will do mine at the same time, so its like he paid for the parts for mine.
I appriceiate the tips and advice, please keep them coming.

Now, what special tools will I need aside from the clutch puller, clutch holder as I already have those?

Thanks again you guys are awesome!
Skoobyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:18 AM   #15
OgreTX
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I don't know if this thread will help or not (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...1-experts.html). It's a lengthy one of my travails trying to get a bad engine rebuilt. Compression was non-existent (bad piston rings).

BTW, it runs great now.

Ogre
OgreTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha