lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2016, 12:18 AM   #1
SIMBAD351
Not Yet Wild

Lightbulb Aussie G29 with questions.

G'day all,

Sam here. Have owned a 2011 Yamaha drive for about a year now.

A few days ago my cart was one of 9 carts that were stolen from a locked shed at my local golf course and was taken for a joy ride.
I now don't have a front windscreen or CD player and have gained damaged body work, bent rims, bent steering rack/ball ends, rods and tie rod ends and also bent steering knuckles. And a broken steering rack mount.

Have spent around 16 man hours getting everything back to being drivable however, the steering rack is only bolted down by 3 bolts instead of 4. Managed to straighten everything back out with a press, anvil and bigger hammers.

While I still have the cart at home I'm thinking of painting it with plastidip to hide the scratches and scuff marks and also I want to put bigger tyres on with standard steel rims. I am wondering if it is ok to do so with stock ride height.
I'm also thinking I need to replace the rear shocks as the drivers side is real soft and doesn't feel like it has any dampening at all.. I haven't measured the shocks eye to eye length yet but I'm assuming they are approx 12"?
I'm planning to buy a pair of 12-14" total length shocks online used for motorbike or atv vehicles. But unsure if they will have a strong enough spring rate. Cart will only be used for carting 2 people and 2 golf bags. But I think if I get slightly longer spring/shock I should gain a inch or 2 lift in the rear to accomodate 20x10x8" rear tyres? I'm not interested in buying a proper lift kit, just kind of want a fatter looking rear end of the cart. Have found chrome beadlock style looking rims I would like to mount larger tyres to and leaving the front rims standard size with hub caps or maybe a pair of 10 or 12" alloy wheels to give the cart a bit of a drag car look.

Another thing I would like to address is the take off shunt my cart has always suffered. Thinking I may need a stronger clutch spring?

Cheers for any advise and appreciate and ideas you can throw at me.
SIMBAD351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2016, 06:39 PM   #2
TopherAndTick
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Aussie G29 with questions.

Sucks bout your cart.

The 20's will all but fit stock height. Might need to trim the black plastic in front of tire slightly with a razor blade knife. But you should be able to fit them.

The new springs will be a crap shoot. Who knows what spring rate they will have compared to your current ones.
I would just go ahead and order the Heavy Duty G29 springs and know that my money is not being wasted.

Good luck
TopherAndTick is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha