lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2016, 10:12 AM   #1
Kaydee
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2011 Gas Yamaha Problem

When I first step on the gas slowly the Yamaha Drives OK. When I step on the gas harder the Golf Cart hesitates and at times jerks. Then after I pump the gas pedal the golf cart goes. When I stop and then step on the gas sometimes nothing happens until I pump the gas pedal and then it start. Once the golf cart get going, it runs great. I have been told that it is the stop go switch under the floor board. Is this my problem or could it be something else.
Dwight Brown
Kaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2016, 11:14 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2011 Gas Yamaha Problem

Sounds like you may have more than 1 problem. The hesitates and jerks sounds like might be a carburetor issue. Look for possible vacuum leaks.
The nothing at all does sound like the stop switch.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:08 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Start/Stop switch is your issue. For some reason Yamaha decided to go cheap on them. Pull up the floor board, it the start/stop switch outer wire cover is black, its a junk one. The new ones have a gray outer cover.
You can fix the one you have, but if you've never had one apart, I wouldn't recommend it.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:09 PM   #4
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Order a new one. There is a ball bearing and a spring that runs across a plate. I bought a elcheapo off brand on eBay and it's been fine. But buy the Chinese parts at your own risk. Some are junk
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha