lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2012 G29 rear led tailights, 4" round like on big trucks

My 12 g29 has a regular light kit on it, meaning just incandescent bulbs.
I guess you can buy this kit with regular bulbs or leds from rhox and other places.
On the rear it has a 4" round led tail light that they make in led for big trucks.
I'm just trying to find out which 4" led tail light is the brightest you've seen or they make. They cost about $15-20 each in a name brand like grote.
I wonder if the cheaper Chinese ones are any good in brightness and reliability.
Here's a few pics of what I'm talking about.

BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2017, 05:49 PM   #2
TopherAndTick
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2012 G29 rear led tailights, 4" round like on big trucks

I'd get a name brand. I have seen some of the diodes go out real cheap LEDs.
15 or so a piece won't break the bank.
TopherAndTick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:14 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You can also get LED bulbs for just about any 12v light out there. I just put one in an old fiber optic tree I have to replace a halogen, its twice as bright, it never looked so good lol. Lot of these bulbs you can get higher output because the led do not get hot like a larger normal bulb would. I put in 12v landscaping lights and put led in all of them they look perfect, 194 bulbs off ebay.

I've put some of the no name led on trailers and not had a problem with them, but it can be a gamble. On the other hand I have a 100w led bulb in a floor lamp, its a GE lightstick from a sams club, and it lasted under 2 years and started blinking...which I guess means it has a fault in it. If you ask me the life timer maybe went off early but I wont be buying GE bulbs again. You know, the led bulbs that last 20-30 years in your home....blah blah blah. I have a no name Christmas tree with the led right inside the branches. After way over 10 years it will now start blinking if you leave it constantly on. If you run a pattern its fine, maybe power supply getting weak, and its run daily about two months a year. Hard to ask more and it was on sale half price after the holidays.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:00 PM   #4
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Topher, yeah that's what I should do, just buy a name brand led and not mess with the cheap ones, but who's not to say the name brand aren't made in china also? that's my concern now as Just about everything is made there. I'm really probably only saving $20 if I buy the leds from eBay vs grote ones. I'm wondering who else makes a name brand led like this. I guess I need to stop at a truck stop and trailer shop to see what they sell or have.

Topher what lights are on your g29 yami in the rear and front?

Sho305, This cart has a completely sealed light, its water proof, like posted above but it has a regular light bulb inside it.
I have to replace the entire assembly minus the rubber ring around it.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:37 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Oh the waterproof ones I see.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:35 PM   #6
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah this style below. I just hope to find a good one and the brightest one I can find

Old 01-29-2017, 10:56 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You will blind people, I see some trucks they are so bright I don't like them. In a cart they would be even brighter lol.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:29 PM   #8
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Haha... bright is good though on the rear, especially for night time riding.
Once the rear is done, front is next with headlights as it has h3 bulbs I think and I may go leds or hid in them.
Plus led front marker lights in the stock housing. Won't be as bright as the rear on these as I think it's a little 194 bulb and they are never too bright in an led form.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:04 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I got some of those big baja chrome offroad lights. I was thinking of LED for them I didn't even know they had those but they do. Really they don't need to be super bright anyway the cart does not go as fast as a truck can, but the cool white look would be nice. Some others have hid in their utv and they look really nice, I think they are the lower power ones and work great for that. But I need to make a baja bar for the front to put those lights on first lol. Need to find a piece of pipe.

I put 194 led in a whole set of landscape lights, they work great. I think they had 5 led in them 4 sides and the top, they were round led and seem to shine evenly.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:13 PM   #10
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Typically name brand means better quality control and/or better warranty, typically.
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha