lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2017, 10:07 PM   #1
MrNeon
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default G16 with Ausco brakes

Looking to see if anyone has attempted or did a modification
using just Ausco rear disc rotors and converting them to a hydraulic brakes. I can get the rotors, brake resoviour but don't have an idea of what type or name calipers that would work with these rotors. I think I can fabricate most of the parts needed to make this work...just need caliiers.
MrNeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2017, 10:26 AM   #2
MrNeon
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G16 with Ausco brakes

Anybody? Buehler, Buehler, ???
Old 03-04-2017, 10:43 AM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I had the kit and didn't like the way the actuators would hang down, and never installed it. I gave it away, he installed it, didn't like it and got rid of it.

All new OEM brake drums, shoes and hardware did wonders for my cart.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:53 AM   #4
MrNeon
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Dave. I have heard issues with Yamaha's but figured if I did go just the mechanical side of the Ausco's I would flip them up and the sides to make it work. I've read an older post about someone doing it but they had to trim some brackets.

That's one reason why I want to look into hydraulic brakes for the rear using just their rotors. Sunoco at one time was doing this for members but I haven;t been able to get a hold of him or find anyone that knew why type or brand of calipers that was used.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:27 PM   #5
MrNeon
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Anyone have the Ausco kit and can do me a favor? I need the diameter of the rotor and the thickness of it. I found a source for the calipers and want to be sure they will work and match. Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha