lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2017, 08:30 PM   #21
Unicon
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Newbie questions & pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreenmachine72 View Post
Serial # is stamped under rear bumper or curved part of frame towards rear.
Hi Mean, thanks for the reply, Frame was cut to accommodate a trailer hitch support, I found an old G1 owners manual online pdf to download and i thought it stated frame and motor stamps should match, although i would have to go back and reconfirm. Thru process of elimination, i figure it is not the 82 off year model due to the amount of compression this motor is pushing..
Unicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2017, 08:47 PM   #22
Unicon
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
I would possibly be interested in the motor if you were interested in selling it
Hi Spicy, Thanks for the reply. I am indeed interested in selling it. When i looked at it at the time i would have to say it looked like a reconditioned motor, that was not ran yet and in very good shape. I will be back down to the shop in a couple days and will pull off the covers and take some better pics and post.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:15 PM   #23
Unicon
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Faught View Post
Yes, you would need a fnr rear end for the swap or be without reverse. I would sell it if it is in the condition you say it is. It would help you coup back some of the money you are spending on the project. As mentioned previously, I would change the crank seals. Not only will they affect it's performance, a leaking seal will cause it to run lean and can cause damage if not caught in time. Also, unless the carb is damaged, I would clean it up instead of buying a new one. I actually have a g1 that I have to get running after I finish my cushman.
Nice, can't wait to see it! Will Others have mentioned start up issues do to same problem. Was hoping to do everything on motor upon rebuild but sounds like should be top priority.. And i agree with you about the motor, it would be great to find it a nice home to someone who would appreciate more then the current shelf its sitting on.. lol Do you have any pics of your cushman up? Is it due to having to probably having to tinker in the new Carb that you think i should stick with mine and just clean.. I know they can be finicky things from other 2 cycles i've worked on.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:38 PM   #24
Unicon
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
I'm unsure on the effect of the air filter type you have posted. the stock filter and box do seem to be restrictive but weather its designed this way or even if jetting would be needed I'm unsure.

I removed the injection pump off the engine and made a block off plate out of a piece of aluminum. Thought of using the oil tank as a reserve tank but haven't done it yet. I premix mine at 50:1 with VP synthetic oil and rec fuel. I never see smoke but I do smell it time to time. That's something for you to read on and do as you see fit. I did this because while the engine has good compression it is old and wanted the extra lubrication for the old bottom end.
Was just wondering about the air filter because i thought the replacement would be the old style papery type with the oil film on them and those are no bueno in hot dusty climates. I see on ebay it looks like they moved to the more modern pleated type with the foam prefilter so for now back up in the air about that, but will probably stick with the K&N type & a better looking pipe. Heat was also a factor in my head as ground can be extrememly hot here and combined with very hot air temps in summer and with air filter box right next to motor, just figured i would get better performance and air flow from that style. I like your idea about using Synthetic in the premix. Seems like everyone has there own secret formula to how this should be done, what should and could be used. lol Thanks Again, i do appreciate your responses
Old 05-30-2017, 09:49 PM   #25
Alex Faught
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicon View Post
Nice, can't wait to see it! Will Others have mentioned start up issues do to same problem. Was hoping to do everything on motor upon rebuild but sounds like should be top priority.. And i agree with you about the motor, it would be great to find it a nice home to someone who would appreciate more then the current shelf its sitting on.. lol Do you have any pics of your cushman up? Is it due to having to probably having to tinker in the new Carb that you think i should stick with mine and just clean.. I know they can be finicky things from other 2 cycles i've worked on.
If it was a diaphragm style carb, I might would consider a new one. But they are a traditional float style and there is not a whole lot to them. If it doesn't have any throttle shaft side to side play, I would stick with it. Here is my cushman thread, it is far from done: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...sto-build.html
Alex Faught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:57 PM   #26
Unicon
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Was just wondering about the air filter because i thought the replacement would be the old style papery type with the oil film on them and those are no bueno in hot dusty climates. I see on ebay it looks like they moved to the more modern pleated type with the foam prefilter so for now back up in the air about that, but will probably stick with the K&N type & a better looking pipe. Heat was also a factor in my head as ground can be extrememly hot here and combined with very hot air temps in summer and with air filter box right next to motor, just figured i would get better performance and air flow from that style. I like your idea about using Synthetic in the premix. Seems like everyone has there own secret formula to how this should be done, what should and could be used. lol Thanks Again, i do appreciate your responses
Also had the same idea about oil tank as fuel reserve tank, i'm sure many have tho.. At least thats an easy one..
Old 05-31-2017, 01:56 PM   #27
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Here's where I found the serial number on my 82, (stock photo)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g1_serial_locator-300x112.jpg (10.9 KB, 0 views)
Dabble Inn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:26 PM   #28
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

yea and they can be hard to read!! I lightly sanded the area and it was still hard. I kept looking for a vin tag of sorts like the Harleys.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:18 PM   #29
Unicon
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Hi Spicy, Thanks for the reply. I am indeed interested in selling it. When i looked at it at the time i would have to say it looked like a reconditioned motor, that was not ran yet and in very good shape. I will be back down to the shop in a couple days and will pull off the covers and take some better pics and post.
295CC motor pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170602_204122.jpg (207.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170602_204044.jpg (188.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170602_194040.jpg (172.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170601_222237.jpg (174.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170602_180808.jpg (178.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-03-2017, 01:25 PM   #30
Unicon
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

More motor pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170601_202742.jpg (153.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170601_190615.jpg (233.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170601_190248.jpg (250.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170601_192034.jpg (236.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170602_174644.jpg (239.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha