lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2017, 01:17 PM   #1
paron
Not Yet Wild

Default Starts in reverse' cranks but no start in forward

Hello, i have a 1981 g-1 gas i have read the posts about this condition and have checked everything out that have been listed in this forum including installing a new cheap cdi ( spark seems stronger) Every thing says that i should have spark in both directions but i still only have it in reverse. I haven't been able see what i have missed. Does any one have any new suggestions as to what i could have missed.
paron is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2017, 03:30 PM   #2
beg4wake
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Starts in reverse' cranks but no start in forward

I don't know much about it...but sounds like it's in the gear selector. Is it getting NO spark? Or just very little spark? Sometimes I'll put my cart in drive and it won't do anything till I take it back to reverse then back to drive, making sure it goes all the way into drive. Maybe something in your gear selector isn't seating all the way in the drive position. Just a thought. But I'm sure somebody on here knows more than me.
beg4wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:59 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

To be clear, the starter is turning in forward you just aren't getting spark? Or the starter won't even turn in F? If the starter is turning in F then you can rule out anything with the key switch.

It's a tough one. I don't know how it can be anything other than a wiring foul up somewhere or something funky going on with that CDI. Is that an exact replacement or do you make it yourself?
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:03 PM   #4
paron
Not Yet Wild

I checked things out a little closer and found that the w/r wire showed a slight bleed through to the b/w wire at the switch.I disconnected the b/w wire from the cdi and lo and behold i had spark in forward I had checked the key switch out for i don't know how many times and i missed this. thanks for your replies. Ron
paron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:05 PM   #5
beg4wake
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Good to hear! Glad you got it and it was an easy fix!
beg4wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha