lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2018, 07:49 PM   #11
CodyG2

Default Re: Club Car Carryall-Hydraulic Lift Replacement???

Its not really "cobbing it" using a DPDT switch,they actually use them in alot of applications.Lawn-Equipment,RV Jacks,RV-Slide Outs,etc....A reversing-relay is better,but for the room it takes up,and the cost,the DPDT-switch may be a better option in some cases.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2018, 10:58 AM   #12
frankthetank
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknwn View Post
That is a Parker electric pump (U.S. made).
I'll need to look at the assembly on my Mule to get the manufacturer's numbers for you.
Is the pump problematic? From the photos your cylinder looks viable.
These setups using reversing polarity lift wiring can utilize relays -or- the cheap method is to use a DPDT switch cobbled up to do it.
Hard to imagine that the hydraulics are the problem.
Well, I am really not sure. I remember draining the fluid out of the arm completely when I disconnected/disassembled everything. The arm might still work but if I am going to replace I might as well replace all of it?
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:31 PM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyG2 View Post
That pump looks like the ones they use for Mercury I/O outdrives for the Power-Trim.Know any boat parts guys,maybe a junk boat you could get the pump from.
Frank, should you decide to go this route, there is a place in Chesapeake VA (Budget Boats) that sells all sorts of used marine parts. I have been dealing with them for many years. I don't know where you are but they do have a website.

BudgetBoats.net
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:39 AM   #14
frankthetank
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Frank, should you decide to go this route, there is a place in Chesapeake VA (Budget Boats) that sells all sorts of used marine parts. I have been dealing with them for many years. I don't know where you are but they do have a website.

BudgetBoats.net
Thanks. I’m in South Carolina but I’ll check it out online. I really want to keep it cheap and simple. If there is an electric type dump/lift kit for $100-$150 I would just do that but not really sure what I need.

Anyone have an electric version? Something that excludes a pump kit ? If it’s even an option
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:29 AM   #15
freemurray
Not Yet Wild

Im following. The bed I have is ok to lift once or twice but would love to add a electric lift of some kind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200105_100108.jpg (364.1 KB, 0 views)
freemurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:11 PM   #16
buggyAl
Getting Wild

I am currently working on a Turf II. I have a wheel chair lift. It is out of a junked 16 passenger van. It is 12 volt to a hyd. pump. It also has a hand pump built in to the assembly. It will fit behind the gas tank in front of the right rear wheel. I have also looked at an electric tongue jack for a trailer. These are fairly inexpensive for the weight they will move. They are 12 volt and could be an easy install. I was lucky as I got the wheel chair lift for free.
buggyAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:05 AM   #17
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemurray View Post
Im following. The bed I have is ok to lift once or twice but would love to add a electric lift of some kind.
Look around for an electric Linear Actuator. Lots of different lengths and sizes available so you'll have to do some measuring and see what you can find. People here have had good luck in the past with some of the cheaper units on ebay/amazon.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:51 PM   #18
freemurray
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Look around for an electric Linear Actuator. Lots of different lengths and sizes available so you'll have to do some measuring and see what you can find. People here have had good luck in the past with some of the cheaper units on ebay/amazon.

thats where Im at so far. It looks like 21 inches total length is what Im looking for. I also want a factory style switch to go in my dash. I have not found the part # for it yet tho
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200129_172329.jpg (199.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200129_172415.jpg (215.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200129_172421.jpg (223.9 KB, 0 views)
freemurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 04:20 PM   #19
couplescaddy
Not Yet Wild

I have an RST900 and would like to do the linear actuator on my dump bed also. seems like a waste to have the dump bed, fill it with 400 lbs of stuff, and then have to shovel out all but the last 80 lbs. if anybody has any insight here, i'd be very appreciative. i'm just beginning the process of researching what it's going to take to do it. but the dump bed is currently worthless as far as dumping. great for hosing the bed out though.
couplescaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:19 PM   #20
buggyAl
Getting Wild

Try looking at an 12 volt electric trailer tongue jack. Not expensive and a lot of variety in height and weight.
buggyAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car