lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2019, 10:15 PM   #1
Jimgibson1956
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Smile Electric fuel pump wiring

I have a 1996 Precedent Carryall 2 Plus. I have a nice electric low pressure fuel pump and I want to install it. The cart starts with a key and then idles. I guess that is called keyed start... is that correct? So, where do I connect the hot wire on my fuel pump?

When I push down on the gas pedal, a cam contacts a microswitch that shuts off power to the starter. I assume that is intended to let the generator take over and replenish the battery once the cart is in motion, while also turning off the starter while the cart is moving. The thing is, where can I hook my hot wire to the fuel pump so that it keeps power once the cart is moving? I hooked it to the starter and it got power until I pressed the gas pedal and then the microswitch engaged and killed the power. It ran until the gas ran out of the line and then died. Is there a place to wire the fuel pump that gets power when the cart is in motion? I can't find a single wire that's hot when this machine is in motion.

I know just enough about wiring to get shocked or start a fire, but am willing to learn. Thanks in advance and please have patience with me...
Jimgibson1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2020, 10:50 PM   #2
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Electric fuel pump wiring

I hooked mine to wire on solenoid. Check for voltage. You need to connect to the wire that's 12 volt only when accelerator is pushed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgibson1956 View Post
I have a 1996 Precedent Carryall 2 Plus. I have a nice electric low pressure fuel pump and I want to install it. The cart starts with a key and then idles. I guess that is called keyed start... is that correct? So, where do I connect the hot wire on my fuel pump?

When I push down on the gas pedal, a cam contacts a microswitch that shuts off power to the starter. I assume that is intended to let the generator take over and replenish the battery once the cart is in motion, while also turning off the starter while the cart is moving. The thing is, where can I hook my hot wire to the fuel pump so that it keeps power once the cart is moving? I hooked it to the starter and it got power until I pressed the gas pedal and then the microswitch engaged and killed the power. It ran until the gas ran out of the line and then died. Is there a place to wire the fuel pump that gets power when the cart is in motion? I can't find a single wire that's hot when this machine is in motion.

I know just enough about wiring to get shocked or start a fire, but am willing to learn. Thanks in advance and please have patience with me...
Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30F using Tapatalk
mckittrick.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:18 PM   #3
Jummygunz3
Not Yet Wild

Just came across this thread, I am going to do the same thing with my carryall. It is key start and need to wire the electric fuel pump. So what did you wire the pump to?
Jummygunz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:45 PM   #4
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jummygunz3 View Post
Just came across this thread, I am going to do the same thing with my carryall. It is key start and need to wire the electric fuel pump. So what did you wire the pump to?
Check the wires on the solenoid . you need to find one that has 12 volts when you turn key on.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk
mckittrick.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car