lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2020, 12:59 PM   #1
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 97 Carryall 1 Turf Build

Well figured I’d start a thread of my build of my 97 carryall turf 1. I picked up this cart about a year and half ago for 100 bucks. It is in rough shape. I have a lot of parts from the past 15 years and I think I am ready to put it together. It is a project and I plan to post some progress on it here. I took the rear end out of this cart and put it in my 91 ds as that rear end was making some noise so I plan on going through the 91 rear end and installing it on this cart.

Here is picture of how it’s currently sitting, ive pressure washed it and painted the front end components black but they will be removed and replaced with the jakes 6” double a arm lift.

When I picked this up it was just a chassis and rear end, the axle wasn’t mounted to the cart and I put it into my ds. It did not have the dump bed either, I purchased the one in the picture but it is from a carryall 2 and too big, didn’t realize there were different sizes when I bought this. I will be selling this bed sometime in the future if I don’t keep to convert into a lawn trailer. I just recently found the correct bed for this cart and picked it up, harder to find these than you think! This is kind of what kick started this project for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CF7D4F10-D49A-4715-9B9F-1345E82954DE.jpg (342.2 KB, 0 views)
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2020, 01:01 PM   #2
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 97 Carryall 1 Turf Build

I plan on putting a vrx460 in it for a power plant. I have a bunch of performance parts for the motor so may beef it up some! Also on my ds with the 420cc predator motor I have the stock clutches, bought different ones for it just never got around to swapping them out as it just ran good so I never wanted to mess with it. Those will be going on this cart aswell.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:48 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Subscribed
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 08:56 PM   #4
buggyAl
Getting Wild

KrazyMatt,
Just wanted to share what I am adding to my Carryall. Hydraulics from a school bus wheelchair lift. Will mount the 12 volt power unit behind the gas tank. One ram should be sufficient. Bought this lift for $10 from a facebook ad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wc Lift II.jpg (275.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg wc lift.jpg (295.6 KB, 0 views)
buggyAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 11:41 PM   #5
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyAl View Post
KrazyMatt,
Just wanted to share what I am adding to my Carryall. Hydraulics from a school bus wheelchair lift. Will mount the 12 volt power unit behind the gas tank. One ram should be sufficient. Bought this lift for $10 from a facebook ad.
Nice.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:05 AM   #6
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Worked on the cart some yesterday. Earlier in the week I had printed the rear axle and motor cradle so I reassembled that minus the transmission (still going through that and waiting on bearings) and got it put back under the cart and rolled in the garage.

Old 05-03-2020, 02:13 AM   #7
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Once I got it in the garage I jacked the front end up to remove stock suspension components to make way for the jakes 6” double a arm lift. Got most they way don’t however discovered the bearings on the old front wheels were shot so at a stand still until new ones get here this week. After that I hooked up the rear brakes but the cables seem long. Going to have to try to adjust the slack out. Not sure they are the right cables...

Old 05-03-2020, 02:15 AM   #8
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Can anyone tell me why all my pictures are uploading sideways and how I fix it? They are correct orientation when I look At them on my phone!
Old 05-03-2020, 04:48 AM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

The forum software is goofy with phone pics,
Snap all of your pictures with your phone horizontal, earpiece at your left hand, shutter button at your right.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=109110

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car