lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2020, 10:30 AM   #1
KeithMock
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1998 Rear Axle Snap Ring

Does anyone know the size of the snap ring? I need to get a pair of snap ring pliers and they have different tip sizes so, want to get the right set of pliers.

Thanks!
KeithMock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2020, 11:39 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 1998 Rear Axle Snap Ring

Channel Lock 8" Retaining ring pliers at Lowes, Home Depot, Ace, almost every other hardware store. Should be about $30. Has multiple tips and 90° angle tips to get into corners with. I've had those a couple years and they work great and give you way more leverage than other brands of snap ring/retainer pliers. Also have stronger tips than many other brands for similar price point.
The only ones better are going to be high end brands like Snap-On, Mac, Cornwell, etc.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:04 PM   #3
KeithMock
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, I'll take a look. I bought a cheap one and it doesn't have the power to squeeze the snap ring; keeps popping. Was thinking more about a fixed pair that didn't have interchangeable tips.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:02 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I use mine on the heavy duty clips that keep the pins in the bucket on our backhoe. The channel locks handle them with ease.

Snap rings can get rusted into place pretty good over time, so if it's rusty and dirty be sure to spray some penetrating oil on the ring and let it soak in for a while before trying to remove it. I also take a wire brush and try to scrub any rust, dirt, or junk away and then blast it with compressed air and then hit it with penetrating oil.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:20 PM   #5
KeithMock
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sounds good. They seem to be free, will move, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car