lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2020, 10:32 AM   #1
Russmorgan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Engine is sluggish after a fuel dump issue?

I recently had an issue on my 2006 Club Car Precedent where the carburetor was flooding the cylinder with fuel. I drained the fuel, changed the oil several times and then the oil filter, replaced the carburetor and fuel pump and the spark plug. It won't run with the air cleaner attached, but if I pull the rubber hose off the carb it will run bot not achieve full throttle. I hope I dint hydro lock it when trying to start it before I figured out what it was doing. Any advice? If this motor is toast I want to upgrade to a v-twin or a bigger motor if I can find something to work in my cart? Thanks.
Russmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2020, 10:41 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Engine is sluggish after a fuel dump issue?

That type of flooding is almost always a stuck float in the carb, which I understand you've replaced. In addition to filling the cylinder with fuel that ran past the rings into the oil / crankcase, it almost certainly ran out the carb intake and into the air filter and air box. A fuel soaked air filter will not flow air properly even after it dries out. Further the air path for that cart starts under the nose, ahead of the dash. The box runs under the floor beneath the drivers feet then up into the corner of the engine compartment. I've seen those fill with gas where I had to drill a drain hole or two in the box under the floor to let it all out. At the same time Club Cars will not run properly without some restriction, so the fact that it won't run 100% without the filter etc hooked up is normal.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car