lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2021, 11:36 AM   #1
Craisondigital
Not Yet Wild

Default All lights stopped working

I have a 2013 gas precedent with aftermarket LED light kit. All worked great for years. Recently my battery started to die often, even after replacing with a new battery. After reading some forum posts, i decided to replace the voltage regulator..

Now the battery is holding charge just fine, but none of the lights are working. I don't have any power coming to the light switch anymore.

Could this be related to the voltage regulator? Any other suggestions i could try?

I could only find one fuse which was fine. I replaced it anyways but still no LEDS. On a side note, my usb ports and speakers still work with no issue.
Craisondigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2021, 12:35 PM   #2
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: All lights stopped working

You mentioned you replaced the voltage regulator due to the battery dying often but were the lights working before replacing the regulator? If the radio and USB port worked before and after replacing the regulator that would make me think you have a issue with the wiring on the lights themselves. Have you confirmed your getting voltage out the regulator or ensured the lights and switch have a good ground?

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:08 PM   #3
Craisondigital
Not Yet Wild

I hooked 12v directly to the light switch and the lights work. I trace the original light switch wire and it is hooked into some sort of relay. I have 12v on one blue/white stripe wire of the relay. There is a green Common wire. An unlabled orange wire. And a NO blue wire.. None of these get the 12v ever. Maybe this relay has failed??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg relay.jpg (213.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg relay2.jpg (235.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-08-2021, 01:23 PM   #4
Craisondigital
Not Yet Wild

How do I test voltage coming from regulator?
Old 02-08-2021, 06:09 PM   #5
Craisondigital
Not Yet Wild

After spending a day on this, i realize that the blue jumpers came unplugged when i replaced the voltage regulator. all is working now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car