lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Workhorse rear lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
I've done this a few different ways, basically cut the centering pins and the bottoming out stops off the axle tube. get a couple 2 3/8" spring perches, bolt it up with a plate on top and threaded rod or u-bolts. You can buy a that plate, a gas TXT uses them or use u-bolts and shock extenders. No need to weld any of this up unless you just feel like it. If your really feeling motivated you can cut the spring mounts off the axle tubes and swap sides putting (need welding) them on top of the tubes. Doing the threaded rod and plate you may need to swap the brake backing plates to opposite sides so the cables comes out on bottom.

Rather than hi-jack Scotty's old thread, I'll start this one.

One of the workhorses we bought last year turns out to be a "96". It does not have bottoming out stops but does have the centering pins.
Turns out the rear springs are shot. So, we are going to replace the springs, figure we might as well flip the axel.
Ruredy, On this configuration, do I need to cut the centering pins? Will I have length problems with the brake cables? I found the perches at Tractor Supply. What is thickness of the plate you used?

Thanks
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Workhorse rear lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Ruredy, On this configuration, do I need to cut the centering pins? Will I have length problems with the brake cables? I found the perches at Tractor Supply. What is thickness of the plate you used?

Thanks
You'll have to cut the pins, no biggie though, hack saw and a minute or two.
Cables only seem to become an issue if you use the plates(3/16"min) and threaded rods but even then it's just a matter of swapping the brake plates so the pulls are on the bottom. this is only a clearance issue and not a length problem. The set of plates you see in the pic are from an allsports txt electric lift kit but you can buy them from ezgo (they're for stock gas txt rear spring mounts) The 7" ubolts work with no plate but you'll need shock extenders or shocks. You shouldn't have to mess with the brake cables this way. The only off-the-self ubolts I can find come from advance auto parts and you need to drill out the mount holes on the rear a tiny bit for them to fit. maybe you could find skinnier 7" bolts.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Thanks Jon! I'll post the results here and the results on the parts hunt
Old 06-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #4
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

We did this today It worked great! Got pics I'll post in the morning....too tired
Old 06-06-2009, 05:49 AM   #5
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

It worked great Thanks Ruredy!

This is my neighbors Workhorse that we bought at the same time we got my wifes.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:52 AM   #6
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

nice work Scot.thanks for the pics.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:21 AM   #7
ruredy
Born Wild

Heck essnss, that's one of those workhorses with TXT rear/mounts in the pic. Most all workhorses have mounts like in those first pics. for some unknown reason, don't know why, these txt rear workhorses pop up now and then they seem to be around 1998 models. not that it makes a whole lot of difference but the solid mounts are stronger than the txt one., but that really screws with people trying to put lifts on them, as now you know
That cart would have needed a gas txt lift, not one for a workhorse.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:43 AM   #8
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Yea it was kinda funked up It was easy enough to do but, looked nothing like what I had seen??
It looks and works so good, now I want to do that to her cart. But, hers is all different again
We actually would not have done his but, his sprigs were shot. So, ordered new springs and figured, why not!

BTW, those rear mounts are casted and crack pretty easy
Old 06-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #9
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Ok, next How do I do this one?

Why do these all have to be different? I'm specifically afraid of the brakes and cabels on this one??

But of course, now that the neighbors is done.....I have to keep up

I know I have to cut the stoppers and the pin, but the piece that holds the brake cable is going to be in the way??
Old 06-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #10
ruredy
Born Wild

If you do it with ubolts it'll clear the cables/brackets but you'll need shock extenders.

[/QUOTE]
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO