lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #11
duanesz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Robbin 295 only runs good with choke on

Mine has that linkage too. I was talking about the throttle cable some one had that tight pulling the throttle forward giving it to much gas like.
duanesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2010, 07:33 AM   #12
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

I see.. never mind.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:38 PM   #13
divot61
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

heres a thought, just had a old gxt do the same thing and i found out that they put way to much oil in it, air filter was soaked and the filter case had a boat load of oil in it, how much oil do you have in the cart? should only be 1.5qt.
divot61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #14
duanesz
Not Yet Wild

Oil level is good. One thing I found in the carb was a #90 jet. The engine manual calls for a #80. So I found a place today to order the 80 from so sometime next week we will put that in.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #15
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I'm curious to see if this fixes your prob.. I just don't see how the main jet will let it run for 10 15 min. and then start having problems. I feel like the problem is elsewhere, I just have a feelin bout this one.... Keep in touch with BGW on this..
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:26 PM   #16
duanesz
Not Yet Wild

Ya kind of makes me wonder too. This is my dads cart and I have been helping him on it. The problem I have is he is making changes while I am not there. I am working alot and not much time and he is retired so he likes to tinker. I had him do the valves the last time so I might have to recheck that and see if there close. As soon has this thing gets warmed up is when it starts acting up. The plugs are pretty black when I pulled them the other day too.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:59 PM   #17
ddw4170
Not Yet Wild

I had that problem with my robbin 244, cleaned the carb and replaced the plug and wire, and runs good now. O'reilly's has NGK for $2, I keep a couple of spares and a plug wrench for a chainsaw in the cart. There's not really much to the carb, but sound like sucking air somewhere, did you replace the carb to intake gasket when you rebuilt? Has to be fuel,fire,or timing issue.
ddw4170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #18
duanesz
Not Yet Wild

Well new update. After the carb clean run good then started to run like crap again. Checked valve lash that was good still runs like crap. Then took the carb apart again the pilot was plugged and the main was too. Put it back together and ran well for 15min then the same thing started happening again. Now carb is apart for the 3rd time that day crap in the pilot again kind of looks like spider web or fiber looking cant put my finger on it. So I figure take the fuel filter off and see whats up well it was installed backwards the fuel was flowing in the opposite direction of the arrow on the filter. So new filter took the fuel pump apart and there was fibrous stuff in the pump. So we cleaned the pump out new fuel lines for everything. Putting the hose on the elbow to the tank my dad breaks the plastic fitting going into the tank. So I have to wait till monday to pick up a new elbow fitting for the cart. Also pumped all gas out of the tank starting fresh. I now think we are on the right track. Hopefully we got all the trash out of the fuel system and it will run for more than 15min before the carb has to come off.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #19
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you've got it cornered!!
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #20
divot61
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well, i have 06 st sport and i have had to clean the tank out twice since i had it, i think its coming from the fuel cell itself, like clear boogers, plugs up the pickup tube in the tank itself
divot61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just rebuilt engine
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO