lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #31
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Finally got my 94 medalist

the cart now has the coil-over shocks up front and a drop axle. im also having a winch mount made for the front. I dont plan on using the winch very often: i only want it in case the cart fails to run and i need to get it back on a truck or something like that.

I also installed headlights and taillights. they are hooked up and working off of a new 3 position key switch. My music source on this is a Kicker iPod/ aux player. the ipod plug and aux plug are run to the glove box but i havent mounted any speakers yet. not quite sure where to put them... oh and i also unhooked my reverse buzzer because its super annoying and i mounted a small led next to the key switch to give me a visual rather than an audible reminder when it is in reverse.

In the picture of the dash- the blue rocker switch is the power switch for the Kicker player. its wired so that i can have it playing without having to have the key turned on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PhotoGrid_1374895187335.jpg (125.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20130726_233427.jpg (205.7 KB, 0 views)
SouthCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #32
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Nice progress. What are the coil-overs from? You could mount the speakers in the kick panel where the F-N-R switch is.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #33
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The coil-overs are actually made specifically for the ezgo. i think theyre from that redhawk brand. they are the heavy duty front shock part number SPN-0109B from their catalog. i had a local golf cart place order them because i dont think redhawk sells direct.

i thought about putting them there but i have the gas motor and i dont have a whole lot of room on the backside of the 'firewall'. i mean, theres some room but i dont think itd be able to mount them symmetrically in terms of distance and position on the wall. that would drive me nuts! i think i might cut them into the engine cover that sits right behind the seat.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #34
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

got the winch installed. i already had the wires ran and controller mounted. all i needed was to mount it up. i mounted it low on the axle instead of how some other people were mounting them (up high right under the cowl). works for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130804_220417.jpg (232.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #35
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Nice addition, some black plasti-dip on the lower shroud would give it a cleaner look to compliment the new winch. Did you end up installing the speakers on the engine cover? Would these work for you?

Old 08-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #36
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Joe: thats a good idea for the shroud! i was thinking about replacing it with something cleaner but i havent decided yet. Until i change it, i think i'll do that (plasti-dip it). thanks for the idea!
nope, i havent done the speakers yet. ive been blowing money on everything else and havent had a chance to get some speakers. those mounts look good, did you make them or are they pre-fabbed from somewhere?
Old 08-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #37
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

No problem, I try to help when I can. The cart I posted isn't mine, it's in one of the threads i'm following. But here are some I found on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Z-Go-Medal...-/200899000221
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO