lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
Piddler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Clutch spring questions

As I stated in aprevious post i have shrill noise in my CVT on my EZGO ST 4x4. I talked to an EZGO technical support guy today and he stated that he had helped his neighbor who also has a ST 4x4 try to eliminate a similar problem. He stated that they had pulled the clutch and had thoroughly cleaned as best they could with degreaser and a solution of Simple Green using a stiff bristled brush and dried and blowed it with air and then added dry graphite lubricant. He stated that had made a huge difference. I took mine a little farther and dismantled the clutch as much I could by removing the weights and rollers which allowed me to see that I had to force the bols out and that the were dirty enough to to have siezed in one position and had worn on one side. I am glad that i had taken those out or I would not have been aware of that issue. My clutch has guide rollers made of what looks like a nylon composite and one side of those would not turn and I was able to free them up.
Now to get to the question I have concerning the spring. I have noticed other thread refering to changing the spring for kicking in at higher idle speed. My spring is black with a green dab or dot on it and measures 1-3/16" ID by 3-1/8" long. Is this a way of identifying this spring? Is it advisable to change this spring while I have it torn apart? I also see ads for EZGO clutch springs fitting for example 1998 and up. Are these EZGO springs "one size fits all"?
Piddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Clutch spring questions

As far as the spring goes, if it works don't fix it. I might change it out for the same type of spring though. I'm not sure on how to identify them but a cart shop can help you.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO