lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #11
Bagnut
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1991 ezgo help

Ok checked the brakes and everything seems fine. Here is a video showing it. In the video I say the motor pulley but its obviously the rear end pulley.

Bagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #12
Bagnut
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok video doesn't seem to be posting ill figure out why when I get home
Old 09-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #13
Bagnut
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok here is the video:

Old 09-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #14
Bagnut
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Anyone?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #15
redcloud
Gone Wild

Looks like you have to replace the rear end shaft seal and maybe a bearing but not sure till you take off the clutch.
The clutch will not move by hand the way you did it. Take the driven clutch off by removing the belt, then the bolt in center of clutch. Tap lightly to try and push the clutch off the shaft, This may take a few times or it may just come right off as a total unit exposing the seal.

When the engine startes the rpms go up and the drive clutch ( clutch on engine shaft) closes on the belt putting power to the driven clutch at rear end. In any event you must take care of the rear seal and see if damage is in that area or the brakes and maybe wheel hub assembly problem locking the wheel.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #16
Bagnut
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcloud View Post
Looks like you have to replace the rear end shaft seal and maybe a bearing but not sure till you take off the clutch.
The clutch will not move by hand the way you did it. Take the driven clutch off by removing the belt, then the bolt in center of clutch. Tap lightly to try and push the clutch off the shaft, This may take a few times or it may just come right off as a total unit exposing the seal.

When the engine startes the rpms go up and the drive clutch ( clutch on engine shaft) closes on the belt putting power to the driven clutch at rear end. In any event you must take care of the rear seal and see if damage is in that area or the brakes and maybe wheel hub assembly problem locking the wheel.
Ok thanks, going to try to get to it again in a couple days
Old 09-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #17
redcloud
Gone Wild

You say it will not move, so I am guessing you have a problem inside the rear end. As the belt sits now on the driven clutch ( rear) you should be at lowest gear and if the engine starts and drive clutch closes to tighten belt at engine it should turn the rear clutch. If brakes are ok, I would think something is jammed, frozen or broke in the rear end off the driven clutch shaft.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #18
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The governor assembly is on the input shaft, I'm wondering if the fly weight pins wore through and the weights went into the gears and the input shaft bearing, causing the seal to push out. Splitting transmission the is the only way to find out. Did the oil leak out of the transmission over the years?
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #19
Bagnut
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvkersh View Post
The governor assembly is on the input shaft, I'm wondering if the fly weight pins wore through and the weights went into the gears and the input shaft bearing, causing the seal to push out. Splitting transmission the is the only way to find out. Did the oil leak out of the transmission over the years?
I'm not sure on the fluid but that kind if makes sense, I know it was sitting for a while before they got it. I finally got caught up on some stuff, and got it in the garage tonight and am going to yank the rear out tomorrow night and start checking it out. Ill post up findings and results.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #20
Bagnut
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok got the rear dropped out tonight and got the axle shafts out, it was bone dry, so tomorrow night ill crack open the center section and see kind of damage is done and go from there.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO