lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #1
MARGR4V3Z
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 1985 Gas EZ GO 244cc wont start

Hello I just picked up an EZ GO that is not running/wont turn over. The guy said a wire that was connected to a fuse got melted by the exhaust. So he replaced the wire and fuse to no success. He did a tuneup as well. Spark plug, Air filter, fuel filter, belt, ignition switch and still wouldnt turn over. So I bought it and this is my first golf cart. I have checked the battery and it is fine. Any help would be appreciated. What are some things to check next? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carttt.jpg (210.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cartt1.jpg (219.8 KB, 0 views)
MARGR4V3Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
rfquiggle
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1985 Gas EZ GO 244cc wont start

When you say it wont turn over I asume it does not even try to turn engine. Check micro switch where gas peddle hooks up under seat. might want to move forward and reverse switch back and forth while holding gas peddle to the floor. If engine is turning and not starting check for spark fuel and compression.
rfquiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
MARGR4V3Z
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfquiggle View Post
When you say it wont turn over I asume it does not even try to turn engine. Check micro switch where gas peddle hooks up under seat. might want to move forward and reverse switch back and forth while holding gas peddle to the floor. If engine is turning and not starting check for spark fuel and compression.

Yeah the engine is not seized as I can turn it with the clutch. I think the Micro switch makes a click sound when I press the gas but that is it. How can I test it or what should I try next?
Old 09-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
gregorythomas
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If you have a multimeter set it to DC volts, put the black lead on the negative battery terminal. Red lead onto positive battery terminal and you should see that you have 12 volts. Then with the black probe still on the negative post, follow the + circuit, first to the solenoid, then to the ignition switch. Do you have 12 volts at the ignition switch?
gregorythomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:26 PM   #5
MARGR4V3Z
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorythomas View Post
If you have a multimeter set it to DC volts, put the black lead on the negative battery terminal. Red lead onto positive battery terminal and you should see that you have 12 volts. Then with the black probe still on the negative post, follow the + circuit, first to the solenoid, then to the ignition switch. Do you have 12 volts at the ignition switch?
I finally had a chance to look at my golf cart today. It sat all winter and was to cold to work on it. Anyway, I ran the tests with the multimeter and couldnt get 12V at the ignition switch. I then removed the fuse that runs to the switch and tested the wire coming from the solenoid to the switch without the fuse and it read 12V. So I think connected the two wires where the fuse was and it then read 12V. So either that fuse is bad or the wrong size. Im not sure. I was using a jump box connected to the Positive and Negative. I then turn the switch to on and hit the gas and it started to slowly turn over and slowly because my battery was dead. Then a very loud beep was going off when I moved the shifter to reverse and tried starting it? What would be the reason for that? That is where im at. I have to charge my jump box and try to start it again.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #6
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

You are hearing the reverse buzzer. It is on its own microswitch. This wiring diagram should help you out. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...n-retrofit.jpg

I see the governor, and oil injector are both still connected. Once you get it running those will be the first two things to get rid of.

EDIT: Your positive battery cable looks really corroded. Take it apart, and give it a good cleaning along with all of the other wire connections.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #7
MARGR4V3Z
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
You are hearing the reverse buzzer. It is on its own microswitch. This wiring diagram should help you out. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...n-retrofit.jpg

I see the governor, and oil injector are both still connected. Once you get it running those will be the first two things to get rid of.
Is that normal for the reverse buzzer to make that noise or does that mean their is a problem?

The governor and oil injector are actually removed just some of the parts are still on it.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:10 PM   #8
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

It's normal. I disconnected mine. Working around jets all day makes me hate noise.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
start
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO