lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: My EzGo is a 98. How can I tell if its an early 98 or late 98?

62 bucks free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Axle-W...#ht_1682wt_917
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

bc, that pm I sent you may help.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #13
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
bc, that pm I sent you may help.
Yes KGSC, it did. $25 used, $40 shipped. Think I'm gonna go with Stovebolt's ebay link for $62 free shipping. $22 more for new versus used. Thanks guys for all the help. Hopefully now I can get this thing aligned and drive straight. This thing will literally be driving straight then suddenly jerk to the left, and it usually does it right as I'm approaching an oncoming car.
beachcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #14
rib33024

Why do you need a new axle? is the one you have bent? was the cart crashed? because what you said the problem is below, this is not the axle that is making this happen, bad tie rod ends, or bad king pins, or steering box needs to be replaced or rebuilt, have you got under the cart while someone is turning the steering wheel back and forth and see what is wore out, need to check this before buying some thing you may not need

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcarter View Post
Yes KGSC, it did. $25 used, $40 shipped. Think I'm gonna go with Stovebolt's ebay link for $62 free shipping. $22 more for new versus used. Thanks guys for all the help. Hopefully now I can get this thing aligned and drive straight. This thing will literally be driving straight then suddenly jerk to the left, and it usually does it right as I'm approaching an oncoming car.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #15
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Why do you need a new axle? is the one you have bent? was the cart crashed? because what you said the problem is below, this is not the axle that is making this happen, bad tie rod ends, or bad king pins, or steering box needs to be replaced or rebuilt, have you got under the cart while someone is turning the steering wheel back and forth and see what is wore out, need to check this before buying some thing you don't need
Already bought lots of parts I didn't need. Steering box, tie rods all new. The hole in the lower axle mount is wollowed out allowing too much play in the spindle. Can't keep it aligned. I'm going to replace the king pins and thrust washers at the same time.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

We'll if you haven't pulled the trigger now may be the time to think lift. I bought a 3 inch lift a few years ago that was like $150 shipped and included the front axle.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #17
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
We'll if you haven't pulled the trigger now may be the time to think lift. I bought a 3 inch lift a few years ago that was like $150 shipped and included the front axle.
I currently have a jakes 6" spindle lift but I really want the long travel lift. Debating whether to just replace the axle now and do the long travel later or bite the bullet and pony up for the long travel. Decisions decisions.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO