lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #21
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ethanol fuel

We are still around $3.70 for 89-ethanol,High-test Ethanol is $3.99 Gas kills us here,Glad I switched to diesel,its,$4.05,but I get 20mpg.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #22
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Have you heard about the 2015 chevy colorado mid size trucks that are gonna come with a 2.3 liter turbo charged duramax diesel. I bet it will be a torque monster and get good mileage.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #23
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Not sure on the mileage.Ever since the big 2010 switch from the EPA to Ultra-Enviromental diesels with full catalyst,the mileage has dropped drastically across the board.2009 trucks were seeing 18-22mpg.Now the norm is 9-13mpg(there are some higher,but the norm is under 14.Guys that drop 3k or more to remove the Cat-system are back up in the high teens,low 20s'.I laugh at these new $65-$75k trucks that get 12mpg,while my old 89' with a 220k Cummins gets 20mpg.I can't imagine spending that much to loose that much mileage.Before 2010,80% of our plow-installs were diesel(mostly municipal,state-bids for towns,cities,counties,schools,etc...across NY).Now Gas-engines are the 80%and they are getting the same mileage as a diesel for $10k less.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #24
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Is this the result of that DEF stuff thats added to a separate tank along with the tank of diesel
Old 12-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #25
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Its' the DEF,and the Catalyst system as well.I know a guy that bought a new Chevy DuraMax last year,the DEF is supposed to last an oil-change interval,he had to fill it 3 times between services and GM couldn't figure it out.Their response was "when Banks comes out with a kit to bypass the system,we'll pay for it for you".He traded it in on a new Ford Diesel,still had terrible mileage,then bought an 02' Dodge Cummins and hasn't looked back.There are more restrictions coming in 2015,can't wait!!!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #26
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Glad you filled me in.. Looking at a 09 diesel with low mileage
Old 12-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #27
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

you can get a cummins up til 13 with no DEF.

but yes, ethanol and emissions on diesels has killed the reliability of many engine.

I would always tell my customers not to completely fill their gas tanks. the gas would go bad b4 it was used. I used the star-tron when Yamaha started to carry it. I used it in every serv I did.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:15 AM   #28
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Good info there courtesy cart about not filling the tank. Ive got a 2013 yamaha and im at the 20 hour mark and still have a 1/4 tank of fuel left. It gets awesome gas mileage. No doubt without the startron the gas would be bad for someone that doesnt use it everyday like the family does.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:05 AM   #29
sonicbug
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Don't really know how this relates to golf carts other than i haul it in the truck. I have a 01 dodge that got 20 mpg swapped the exhaust to 3 inch and i get 21 now it not the common rail so it sounds like the pistons are swapping holes. we bought it new and it only has 100k miles on it. I have not used any of the new trucks but a gas truck could not handle the farm work this truck it does it pulls around 15000lbs (11 rolls of hay and a 24' gooseneck) i realy don't know how the drive shaft don't break and it has so much toqure off idle it will sit and spin in four wheel low while idling and need a push from tractor to get moving with the load on it. don't really know how burning more fuel is better for the emissions. the draw back to these trucks is a oil change is around 75 bucks now and a fuel filter is 20 bucks ever other oil change.
sonicbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:28 AM   #30
sonicbug
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My understanding of the problems with the ethanol in our fuel. Is the ethanol will absorb water out of the air just like it will absorb water in the fuel tank. so the longer it sits the worse it gets if it is vented. diesel will grow a bactirea or fungus in it. Our farm fuel has to be treated and filtered and pure gasoline will go bad also everone has smelled it that is the fungus growing in it there have been many chemical mentioned here and i have used most of them and they work but add a expience the best way is to use your fuel and keep it fresh but this is not reality for most of us so treat it with what works best for you.
sonicbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO