lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2014, 10:00 PM   #1
daugherty_16
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Got nothing

I have an 97 ezgo txt gas. When I turn the key and push the gas I get nothing no click nothing at all. Check the battery it is good. I have seen you can check the small black boxes behind the choke area I checked all the wires they seem connected good. Any ideas? Thanks
daugherty_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2014, 10:53 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Got nothing

Check the connections and voltage at the start-solenoid.Follow the Positive Battery cable to the solenoid.You should have battery voltage at the battery-side,and one of the small studs should energize when you press the pedal.If the small stud does energize(also batt.voltage) when the pedal is pushed,but the solenoid doesn't click,you either have a bad solenoid,or its' not grounded.The small stud on the other side goes to ground if I remember correctly,check with a meter or test lite.If that is good,replace the solenoid.DoNot use a starter-solenoid for a car/truck,etc...They are Intermittent-duty and will fry quickly.Either get a replacement Cart solenoid,or a Snow-Plow type Continuous-Duty solenoid.I use the plow solenoids,they work great.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:00 PM   #3
daugherty_16
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you I will give it a try
Old 02-06-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
Mattm
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I had the same problem on my 95 medalist, it was the micro switch in the floor board. I bought mine off of amazon for a few dollars. Haven't had a problem since.
Mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Knew I forgot something...Thanks Mattm.If you don't have power at the small stud on the solenoid,go back to the pedal-switch.One wire is power,the other will be hot when the pedal is pressed.If its' dead there,head for the key-switch next,check all the wiring as you work your way back.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #6
daugherty_16
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Awesome thank you guys. I will be working on this this weekend. Hopefully I can figure it out lol. I don't know a lot about engines but you guys have helped point me the right way think I got a good start. Thank you again

Tags
got nothing
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO