lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
Dmack826
Not Yet Wild

Default Getting ready to jack up the txt and i have some questions.

I have a 97 txt that im getting ready to put a lift kit on. I have been told that jakes lifts are the way to go. Im looking at putting a 6 inch lift on but my question is which one is better? The 6 in spindle lift or the drop axle lift? The drop axle lift is cheaper but more work to do. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.
Dmack826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2014, 07:34 PM   #2
deerhunter30
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Getting ready to jack up the txt and i have some questions.

I would go with the drop axle if it where me, just because I don't like the idea of the spindle being that long, seems like it would break easier.
deerhunter30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:51 PM   #3
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i can tell you that breaking is not an issue with a jakes spindle lift but personally i prefer the axle lift as it tends to steer a little nicer than than the spindle due to the angle issues and the way the front end of the txt is supported by the springs sometimes causing the car to steer a little funny with a large mammal behind the wheel at 20 mph where as the axle lift tends to even that out, i have had both and ended up getting rid of the spindle lifted cart soon after i put it on due to not liking the way steered otherwise i would have probably kept it.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:07 PM   #4
Dmack826
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks for the info, i was leaning towards the spindle lift, but im a bigger guy and i want it to be stable for everyone who rides and drives it. Should i put a heavier leaf spring in the rear for added stability when people are on the rear seat? thanks for the info and Help guys i really appreciate it
Old 03-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #5
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes you should put on the rear springs though it will ride stiffer it will feel alot more stable
Old 03-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #6
Dmack826
Not Yet Wild

i am looking on the jakes website at the drop axle kit and can you tell me if it comes with everything needed to complete the job?
http://www.jakesliftkits.com/liftkit...-94-011-2/6202
Old 03-26-2014, 04:40 PM   #7
dragrcr890
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

add: 12 pack of favorite beer and you should be good.
its pretty easy to do.....
dragrcr890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #8
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

only other thing you need when it comes to a that is those heavy duty rear springs but if you have a back seat you may already have them did you install the rear seat or did someone else ? slide under the cart and check how many leafs are in their , jakes kits are strait forward for installation and you end up replacing most bolts with bolts from the kit , also you may want to look into replacing the front springs as they are usually worn pretty good and can account for up to an inch of lost lift , also being a 97 check those tie rods , their cheap insurance against flipping , and remember if it seems loose now the lift and tires will make it worse so change as needed
Old 03-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #9
bigjohn141
Getting Wild

I am running a jakes 6" spindle with 22" tires on a 2000 Txt and I am 6'5" 300lb ish. I have no problem with the way it rides or steers but of course that is my opinion. It was a very easy install and the spindles are pretty beefy. I think the type of tire you run will have more of an effect on steering than anything when running on a hard surface.
bigjohn141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO