lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
browneye253
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2001 TXT Tie Rod Replacement

I need to replace the tie rod and ends on my cart. I'm pretty confident that it falls into the 2001 and after category since the steering column has the four bolt mount. What is throwing me off is that the tie rod I'm replacing has grease fittings on them and they thread into the tie rod. When I look at the replacements most of them no longer have the grease fitting and the tie rod threads into the end.

The last curve ball is that I'm also installing a Jake's lift on the cart. It mentions that in some cases you need to replace the tie rod with their longer version.

Tie Rod: http://goo.gl/gGtyNt

Lift Kit: http://goo.gl/wN77pt

So my question is since I want to replace both the tie rod and the tie rod connectors can I just order the jakes tie rod and the new style connectors w/out grease fittings and call it a day?
browneye253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
browneye253
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My current tie rod.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #3
browneye253
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 TXT Tie Rod Replacement

I gave ezgo a call this afternoon and worked with one of their custom reps and he helped me find the right tie rod. It's different from the one I have on the cart now but I'm not 100% that the previous owner didn't replace it.

http://goo.gl/K6teZ4

Also the he informed me that the measurement they list is from the center of the tie rod connector bolt to the center of the other.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO