lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
krazni1
Not Yet Wild

Default Governor is much slower than usual

I'm a first time poster on this forum. I have a 4cycle gas EZGo (ST Sport Work Horse) that has been running fine, but as of a few days ago it accelerates great, but then slows right down, and it does this consistently. It runs smoothly at the lower speed.

With the back wheels jacked up I ran it and the governor is shutting the speed down. I manually overrode the governor and the rpm's stay up where they should be, so I presume it is NOT a fuel issue at all. I attempted to adjust the linkage (from a thread about increasing speed), but that didn't seem to help at all.

No linkage or connections appears to have moved or broken, so I'm presuming it is internal in the transaxle?? The transaxle is an ME29. I found a link on this forum for the Shop Rebuild and Service Parts Manual, but didn't find anything in there that was helpful.

I sure appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.
krazni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2014, 01:48 PM   #2
krazni1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Governor is much slower than usual

Hey, thanks for ALL the help...
Old 05-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #3
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry buddy,

We've got lots of two-stroke help in here, and a little less on the 4 bangers.

I could give you advice, but it wouldn't be helpful.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Kraz, maybe a bump instead of testy remark. We may have missed your post and it fell off the recent posts.
I am not a EZgo guy but I have a question.
When you say it runs good (on the ground) is it at lower rpm?
Have you measured the belt?
Watching clutches while on jack stands can be fooling.

DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #5
bigjohn141
Getting Wild

If it speeds up when you manually overrode the governor than that is what is slowing you down. Post up a pic of what you adjusted please, you might have adjusted the wrong thing or just haven't adjusted it enough.
bigjohn141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #6
krazni1
Not Yet Wild

Sorry, didn't mean to be obnoxious. I'm new to the forum world, and have no idea what a "bump" is. Guess I'd better learn, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
Kraz, maybe a bump instead of testy remark. We may have missed your post and it fell off the recent posts.
I am not a EZgo guy but I have a question.
When you say it runs good (on the ground) is it at lower rpm?
From a dead stop I floor it and it takes off to full speed (I've not clocked, but guessing about 20?), then the governor slows everything way down. The engine is smooth when it is accelerating, and it is smooth when the governor is keeping it slow. It's just like you are holding your foot at half-pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn141 View Post
If it speeds up when you manually overrode the governor than that is what is slowing you down. Post up a pic of what you adjusted please, you might have adjusted the wrong thing or just haven't adjusted it enough.
with the rear wheels raised, I can floor the pedal and it revs up. Then the governor pulls it back to a controlled speed. If I manually hold the governor off, the engine speeds up and is smooth. This set-up is different from all the pics I've seen online. The governor is inside the differential and although I can fiddle with the linkage between the governor and the carb, I can't alter the governor or limit it in any way. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow.

Again, sorry for being rude

Last edited by krazni1; 05-12-2014 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: words left out.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Does yours look like this ? http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...4-strokes.html

And a bump is a post to your own thread to get it to come back to the top.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO