lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default ezgo power

I am told this is a 1982 ezgo golf cart and its making 0 power I am going to start by cleaning the carb and the exhaust is broke going to weld that up this this thing is impossible to start and when it does run its not good and wont start back up even when its reached operating temp can some one please tell me were there might be some power robbers on this thing thank you
lady bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2014, 05:21 PM   #2
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: ezgo power

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-29-2014, 05:37 PM   #3
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Try and get it up to temp and then do a compression test. Driveable is down to around 100, 120 or up is optimal.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:45 PM   #4
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

ok ill try that i there any prings on thi exhaust to let it move a little so it wontcrack again becaue currently theres no prings on it
Old 04-29-2014, 08:40 PM   #5
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i there any upgrade for thee like a torque spring or smaller belt
Old 04-29-2014, 09:06 PM   #6
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

As for springs on the exhaust, the exhaust on these carts is mounted directly to the engine cradle and engine, so if the engine moves or twists the exhaust does as a whole at the same time - no springs needed. EDIT: Nevermind, I see now in your pics that the exhaust is different, can't comment on how that's mounted because I don't know if it's factory or not... I think not, and if so that could be a huge part of the reason the cart doesn't run right because the muffler for the cart is specifically designed for that engine (2 strokes require unique exhaust to run right)

I don't know about the availability of torque springs for the driven clutch, I don't think they're available for these carts. It could be possible that your clutches aren't functioning properly - I just had to replace a bad driven clutch and the difference with the new one is amazing.

When it comes to smaller belts, all you're really doing is just putting undue stress on the bearings of the crank and the input shaft of the rear end, not to mention wearing on the clutches quicker. Best to get the cart running correctly first and see how the power is, then upgrade it if needed.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:14 PM   #7
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sounds good the only thing I cam think to do is check compression and if low I will rebuild but some porting and cutting of the head would be in order has anyone done this before to see the performance is worth the time
Old 04-29-2014, 09:16 PM   #8
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

See my post above for the edit on exhaust.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO