lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2014, 09:05 PM   #11
sidmabb
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: picked up a boat anchor today. 2 stroke 80's

The muffler is vertical om the side. The pipe appear to come out some where under the flywheel/fan. Its dark here so maybe more tomorrow.
sidmabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2014, 09:05 PM   #12
sidmabb
Not Yet Wild

Oops
Old 05-31-2014, 09:17 PM   #13
sidmabb
Not Yet Wild

Did yah notice the color of the fuel in the filter? That and the wiring will be 1st tasks.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:28 PM   #14
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

The filter is NASTY looking

I'd drain everything in the tank if it was me, and premix some good fuel, and take off everything connected to the oil injection system. Remember to plug the injection point in the top of the 90 degree intake by the carb, a short M6 bolt should work. The wiring actually doesn't look too bad from what I can see. I've never seen one of these with a "tidy" harness, but I'm sure with some zip-ties a presentable version of what is there could be made.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:48 PM   #15
sidmabb
Not Yet Wild

It has wires broken, wires missing, and wires dragging under. Not to mention the ones twisted together with out being taped. I am pretty good at electrical wiring so I will get out the soldering gun and go to work. I need to look for a schematic. Thanks fo0r your help.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:26 AM   #16
sidmabb
Not Yet Wild

I tried that but maybe I copied the direct instead of HTML by mistake. Trying again

Yup must be what I did
Old 06-01-2014, 06:55 AM   #17
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

That looks very nice and appears to be an 82 (which is better than being an 83). A couple of points for your consideration;
It looks like the oil line has been cut so you will need to premix at 128:1 which is one ounce of oil per one gallon of gas. It is best to put it in a container and shake it up rather than just pouring oil into the tank. You could if you want remove the oil reservoir and the pump from the front of the engine.
The throttle link is a mess the accelerator cable should go through the carburetor arm then through a spring which is anchored by a cable nipple. This primarily enables the governor to work but also makes the carburetor butterfly close tightly to prevent backfiring on overrun. ( Of course most guys remove the governor cable anyway)
The cover is missing from the driven clutch, you should replace it as dust and grit will get in there and cause the expensive clutch to fail.

Anyway enjoy the project. It is well worth saving the 2PG engine as they are robust and powerful and make the cart a pleasure to drive.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #18
sidmabb
Not Yet Wild

Thanks.
What do I need to do to remove the belt so I can run it with out getting run over?
Old 06-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #19
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidmabb View Post
Thanks.
What do I need to do to remove the belt so I can run it with out getting run over?
The belt just rolls off the driven clutch (the one on the rear end), much like rolling a bike chain off or on. You should be able to do it by hand, just don't get your fingers between the belt and clutch sheave. Since you're going through it and doing maintenance, a new belt wouldn't hurt.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:26 AM   #20
sidmabb
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
The belt just rolls off the driven clutch (the one on the rear end), much like rolling a bike chain off or on. You should be able to do it by hand, just don't get your fingers between the belt and clutch sheave. Since you're going through it and doing maintenance, a new belt wouldn't hurt.
Jacked up the rear wheels and it rolled right off. Not much room to get it out. Holy Crikey.
Plan on cleaning the fuel system and cobbling together the wiring this week. If I can getter to fire I will replace all the wires with soldered ends and heat shrink ends and tuck them neatly away. The heavy wires look OK but the rest are a mess. Sure wish I could use the injection system. Were the later injectors more dependable?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO