lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
Tincreek
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile 1990 Marathon 2cy No Spark

Hi, We just picked up a 1990 gas 2cy Ezgo Marathon. It turns over but no spark.
Does anyone have a manual for this model or any suggestions?
Tincreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #2
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1990 Marathon 2cy No Spark

Welcome to you I'm pretty fresh myself but I will tell you that i have been chasing a no-spark cart for a little while and I am ready to yank out everything and throw in a 460CC big block.You must look at the section big block talk in this site if you have any hot rod blood in you. Any way my problem is different I hope than yours someone hooked up the battery backwards on my cart, plus mine is a 4 stroke 92 model. Now have you checked fire at the coil? Test light probe the pos terminal and you should have fire all the time[key on of course] then if so go to the neg side and probe it and then mash the pedal to turn over the engine light should flash, does it? If so you pulsar is good,and then you would lean towards the coil if you have no spark at the plug. Also there is a ton of problems with the ignitor on those carts and you can very inexpensively change them over to a HEI module from a Chevy there is a Sticky at the top of this page as well as all the diagrams you need to help you through your troubles. good luck. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO