lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #1
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Sick neighbor needs a part for Workhorse

My neighbor is battling with colon cancer. He doesn't have any energy from the chemo. He has a workhorse that his little grandson smashed in a tree. Other than the plexiglass windshield which isn't really a necessity, the drop axle is cracked in half. All other steering suspension parts are great. The metal lip surrounding front cowl is mangled. I can remove it and a little heat on the cowl will have it straight. Does anybody have a spare axle for donation or know where I can find the axle. Here is a couple of pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stewmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Sick neighbor needs a part for Workhorse

Dude I have 1 but it looks just like that. If it is a stock axle here is a link https://www.shopezgo.com/products/Dr...ront-Axle.html

Or here http://golf-cart-parts-now.com/index...product_id=807

Look at one of the spindles for the letters ST
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #3
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks kgsc. If I can't run across one used I may have to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2014, 09:01 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I might still have the broken one but it looked like cast so not sure about welding it.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #5
Hauler
Not Yet Wild

I just bought two 1997 Jacobsen 1110 Haulers. I am new to the golf cart world and had to do some major studying to try and get up to speed. My studying included printing service manuals etc. From what I have learned the units I bought (Jacobsen) are the same as the EZGO WorkHorse as both are under the Textron Company umbrella. So with that said, I just happen to have printed a 1998 WorkHorse parts manual for my own use. The EZ GO part # for the front axle is 70515-G01. I was told by another BGW member that many of the TXT and WorkHorse parts are interchangeable. Not sure if this is true, but perhaps you can research the part number above and see if it is the same for a TXT of the same year. If it is you can expand your search to include any TXT owner. I hope this helps.
Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #6
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Here's one for 86 bucks and a little more lift by bolting the springs on top the axle if need be.

http://www.candccustomsinc.com/front...tric-1996.html
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #7
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hauler, thanks for the cross reference info that was a big help.
Stove bolt, thanks for the link. I am going to do this on my own dime so any price break I can get will be great. Just stock height will suffice.

Stew
Old 06-18-2014, 09:58 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If it has the 350 front axle 70515 is correct. I called one of my dealers looking for a used one but no dice. Still looking. Stew, before you buy new, let me know, my father is a colon cancer survivor and I know the recovery sux. The last thing he needs to worry about is an axle. I would like to contribute somehow but please make sure this is the axle he needs.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:47 AM   #9
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If it has the 350 front axle 70515 is correct. I called one of my dealers looking for a used one but no dice. Still looking. Stew, before you buy new, let me know, my father is a colon cancer survivor and I know the recovery sux. The last thing he needs to worry about is an axle. I would like to contribute somehow but please make sure this is the axle he needs.
I still am looking for one, I enclosed the VIN number to help other decide the model number for cross reference. My neighbor has no energy and can't hardly get out of the house for risk of falling. His strength has left him. I'm hoping that this will help give him a better recovery. The rest of the stuff is cosmetic. It appears the axle is all I need.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:01 AM   #10
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewmagoo View Post
I enclosed the VIN number to help other decide the model number for cross reference.
If the axle is not straight but dropped it is a workhorse st-350 (dropped axle) or a workhorse 1200 that someone put a dropped axle on.

Either a st-350 axle or a dropped axle for a txt prior to 2001.5 will work.

and according to the id plate it is a 1998.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO