lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2015, 07:06 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrade knowledge requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMedic View Post
I came across a motor today known as Beast, 8 hp @1600 rpm. Is this the type of motor I should be looking at?
Yes and No. You said a little at a time and we told how to do that, the order and progression of upgrades. The motor is the last thing you need if you are not doing everything at once.
A performance motor will pull the guts out of your stock golfing cart drive system and leave you standing in the rain..... a long way from camp. At dark
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2015, 07:29 PM   #22
PhilMedic
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes and No. You said a little at a time and we told how to do that, the order and progression of upgrades. The motor is the last thing you need if you are not doing everything at once.
A performance motor will pull the guts out of your stock golfing cart drive system and leave you standing in the rain..... a long way from camp. At dark
Right, I'm planning on buying a setup from you in the near future then looking towards motors after that. Would pkg 474 or 485 be a good match up with this motor?
PhilMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:58 PM   #23
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Right, I'm planning on buying a setup from you in the near future then looking towards motors after that. Would pkg 474 or 485 be a good match up with this motor?
without a doubt.....the 485 package. of course, I'm a little biased. Its the one I got from Scotty. lol but it does the job nicely and will give you a little room to grow.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:01 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
We are a D&D dealer. Our prices are the same as D&D. It helps support this website if you buy through us
Either motor will work with this motor. You might use the 700a control if you will stay at 36v or if you will run very tall tires. Otherwise the 500 (570a peak) Alltrax is just fine and it has some nice features. My personal preference would be the Alltrax with 48v or maybe the GE control with 48v. You can never have too big a control with 8+ hp motors... LOL
Old 10-22-2015, 06:52 AM   #25
PhilMedic
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep checking in as I have more questions.
PhilMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #26
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

Raptor motors suck on hills with a heavy load......as they aren't designed for that. Mine pulled awesome straight away, and strained for it's life if you had 4 passengers and were starting from a stop up a hill. The torque motor was a D&D ES 52 type. My controller was an Alltrax AXE4844 which more than handled the load without breaking the bank. When you pick a controller, consider the options, your needs and the likleyhood that you'll use all the bells and whistles. Many people jump into a programmable controller that they will never change the settings from what it came with. The money you save not going overboard on one part you can put into another. The whole conversion of everything you are working towards is not cheap, so being selective on part choice will help you do it without needing a nighttime job to pay for it! lol.
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Most all 5" stack motors (hi-torque) won't run on 400a controls... So please do your research. Talk to people who upgrade hundreds of carts each year before you buy a control that's too small or has limited features.

For those who don't know a 400 amp control does not provide the motor with full access to the battery pack. it is a restriction - the only 400a control that does come close to allowing full the motor full access to the battery pack is an SPM48400 but, uh-oh it's a fully programmable control with auto throttle range sensing and reverse polarity protection, you know that fancy stuff you don't need
Old 10-23-2015, 08:36 PM   #28
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yea, all those high speed and high torque carts I built running on 400s are sitting in driveways with ecstatic owners who still have cash to spend. The 400 works fine, and the average cart customer will never plug into their controller and modify settings. I guess I just don't sell stuff to people that they don't need. Honesty and integrity sell themselves, and people appreciate both.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:29 PM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartattach View Post
Yea, all those high speed and high torque carts I built running on 400s are sitting in driveways with ecstatic owners who still have cash to spend. The 400 works fine, and the average cart customer will never plug into their controller and modify settings. I guess I just don't sell stuff to people that they don't need. Honesty and integrity sell themselves, and people appreciate both.
I would like to know what hi-torque set up you have to offer with a 400 amp control.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:30 PM   #30
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm not going to sit here and debate with you. The fact here is that I know, as should you, that carts don't pull PEAK rated amps the way they are advertised to look like they do. They don't pull anywhere near that amount when running, and don't pull it at immediate draw from start. This conversation has been hashed out before, if memory serves I read a post by JohnnieB about how many amps carts use to start and while cruising.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO