lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2015, 01:56 PM   #61
PhilMedic
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Upgrade knowledge requested

So my batteries are pretty much shot. Since I'm replacing the batteries, I'm considering upgrading to 48v. I understand that I'll have to also replace the charger with a 48v, but I can't find any info on if I need to replace the charging receptacle on the cart itself. It seems that all the 48v chargers will not plug into my cart. Any ideas or knowledge on the subject? Again I have a '99 EZGO TXT currently 36v. I bought all new electronics and motor and will be installing them soon.
PhilMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2015, 12:06 AM   #62
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you get your charger from DPI, they will put whatever end on it you need. There is no reason your current charge port on the cart wont serve your needs @ 48v (just dont use other peoples 36v charger on your cart, or loan out your charger for others to use on their 36v cart).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 11:34 AM   #63
PhilMedic
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
If you get your charger from DPI, they will put whatever end on it you need. There is no reason your current charge port on the cart wont serve your needs @ 48v (just dont use other peoples 36v charger on your cart, or loan out your charger for others to use on their 36v cart).
Good deal, thanks
PhilMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 04:40 PM   #64
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdude96 View Post
well I have a 500a controller beefed up F&R switch doubled up ALL my wires stock gears stock motor (advanced Dc motor A02-4012) running 26" tires with a back seat and I run in the ball park of 25-28mph and I have added a stunt button. oh and I play around in the woods and mud . and this is a 2004 series cart , but now im in the market of looking at the EMP 2 speed motor . sent them all my info and waiting to hear back from them.
"Stunt button" ?
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:37 PM   #65
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
...snip... Alltrax confirms given the same load a 500a control will outlast a 400a control because the components will not be working as hard. (less heat, etc.)
Is that because the 500 has a fan, or because the 400 is a cheaper design/parts. Does that then mean the 300 is even cheaper yet?
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:02 AM   #66
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Master View Post
Is that because the 500 has a fan, or because the 400 is a cheaper design/parts. Does that then mean the 300 is even cheaper yet?
No, it’s because UNDER THE SAME LOAD the 500 isn’t working as close to its peak as a 400 is.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #67
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
No, it’s because UNDER THE SAME LOAD the 500 isn’t working as close to its peak as a 400 is.
So does that then mean a person should buy the 500 and dummy it down to whatever they feel their cart can handle if they want longevity?

Also this stuff is electronics, does peaks really exists? All those controllers look to have the same heat sink design.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:47 AM   #68
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Alltrax will be happy to answer your questions at 541-476-3565
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO