lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2016, 03:14 PM   #11
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO 36V electric cart slow uphill

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorehouse1013 View Post
I appreciate your help, but I was just wondering if anybody knew if there was some sort of setting that can be adjusted for this type of cart. Something other than replacing the motor or the speed controller. I just wanted to know if the security company had done something to it to keep it form going faster or if this golf cart is just slow and I have to deal with it.
They could of put an undersized controller on it maybe but that would only limit speed when it was demanding g energy.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2016, 03:15 PM   #12
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud View Post
Have a similar issue with a 36v club car. Holds a 36v charge but draws down to 20v uphill (crawling). Anything I can besides replacing batteries?
To me it sounds like the batteries are bad if they draw down that low.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:19 PM   #13
Scud
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Oh yes, lots of amperage delivery components can be upgraded top allow the motor to access more amperage BUT first things first - you gotta have good batteries. And if it's battery time you may want to think about upgrading to 48v depending upon your performance goals for the cart
Thanks Scotty. From the draw down, can you tell the batteries are shot? Can you help me to understand what's involved with 48v upgrade and cost? Is this something I can do myself? Is there a good thread on the subject? Thanks in advance.
Scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 04:14 PM   #14
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks Scotty. From the draw down, can you tell the batteries are shot? Can you help me to understand what's involved with 48v upgrade and cost? Is this something I can do myself? Is there a good thread on the subject? Thanks in advance.
There several threads here I know. Most will say something like 42v or 48 conversion. Scotty is currently doing one on a 42 now.

But you have to replace controller and solenoid. $400-550 have to get six 8v bats or eight 6v. Need a 48v charger $150 used to $280 new. And the time to swap all the parts.

Yes your batteries are shot from those numbers. Or charger and there not chargeing? A full charge on 36v pack is higher than 36. Same thing as a 12v battery that reads 12 is dead!
Old 06-08-2016, 04:37 PM   #15
Scud
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: EZGO 36V electric cart slow uphill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
There several threads here I know. Most will say something like 42v or 48 conversion. Scotty is currently doing one on a 42 now.

But you have to replace controller and solenoid. $400-550 have to get six 8v bats or eight 6v. Need a 48v charger $150 used to $280 new. And the time to swap all the parts.

Yes your batteries are shot from those numbers. Or charger and there not chargeing? A full charge on 36v pack is higher than 36. Same thing as a 12v battery that reads 12 is dead!
Thank you. I'll start looking into my options. One option may be to replace with a gas. I have an old one of those too, same conditions, always seems to be easier to get going in the spring. I'm sure it's mostly due to my learning curve on the electric
Old 06-09-2016, 07:18 AM   #16
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

We service a hilly area.
48v is the way to go for hills.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 07:28 AM   #17
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have an older gas too. I think in some ways that is cheaper. You can get a clone engine from a builder for like $500. Even less from HF. That's what a set of batteries costs and they don't have the same torque issues as bad. Even if you have to put a new motor in every 5 years your still cheaper as there is no controller or charger to buy.

But electric is cool to me. It has that different factor. Plus I am a hunter. I don't want all that racket, the stink from the exhaust, mine burns some oil so I get exhaust stink plus burn oil smell . Not a smell you want when your hunting. I just will have the Crack of twigs and crunch of leaves, well that and the visual of the moving cart.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:23 AM   #18
Scud
Not Yet Wild

My family prefers the electric as well. Quiet and starts-up much more smoothly. Will likely get anew set of batteries this season and decide if I want to sell it before they go dead the next time. :-) Had some trouble with melting posts as well. Need to be very careful it seems with the smallest amount of corrosion.

Come to think of it - I'm not sure any of neighbors have an electric. Hmmmm...

Thanks for all the very knowledgable comments. Greatly appreciated!
Old 06-09-2016, 09:39 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Your 36v pack is dropping to 20v under load. Any drop below 30v indicates a battery performance problem. So, yes, this dramatic drop in voltage under load will significantly decrease performance.

Hundreds, possibly thousands of members have increased the operating voltage of their carts from 36 to 48 volts. I try to give it to you in a nut shell

Why? 36v motor run on 48v will produce 33% more rpms and torque. (speed & power)
How?
The controller & solenoid must be 48v compatible. They may need upgrading.
Get 48v worth of batteries = 6/8v or 8/6v and a 48v charger.
What to expect? Expect more power through the whole pedal range. Expect longer run time.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:59 PM   #20
Scud
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scotty. I'll look into it. I have a "wiper" so I don't think I have a typical
controller. This is the a coil/resistor set-up. Not sure if this makes a difference. On the batteries, not sure how 8 would fit, are there ever any space issues with the batteries?

At any rate, I appreciate all the help. I seek to educate myself on the 48v option by looking through other threads.

Tags
36v, ezgo, uphill
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO