lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2016, 11:38 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrr View Post
Is there a place that show's us newbies,
  1. Where the maps, i.e. 'Uni-map1' are located?
  2. The steps needed to download a map?
  3. How to upload the map to our controller?
I had asked about this on the Alltrax website, and was not able to get a good stepwise procedure. I'm sure it's easy, once you find out how.....
Thanks, Henri
Have you downloaded the toolkit manual? http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...kit-Manual.pdf

I can email the unimap to you if you email me a request.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2016, 11:54 AM   #22
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I didn't see an updated map for my TXT48 so I simply customized the torque map to look like the new PDS map rising rapidly to 90% vertical in the first 8-10% of travel and I really like it. Slow inclines are a breeze, smooth and strong.
I recommend it for any one
Scotty, what kind of curve would you recommend for someone who doesn't want to throw their passengers off the back of the cart when starting off? I feel like my cart takes off like a rocket if you aren't really good at feathering the gas pedal. It's ok for me when I am driving because I know the cart, but when friends drive, or my wife I tell people to hold on tight! I would like the option to be able to press the pedal all the way and it take off smoothly and slowly build to full speed. Is this possible? Sorry if this isn't right thread for the question.
MattFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The voltage is ramping up too quickly. Try reducing the throttle rate. What is at now?
Additionally try putting a bell curve in the throttle line so the first 20-30% is at a lower angle. Here is a good example of a gentle voltage curve (red) However these days I would suggest a MUCH STEEPER torque curve than what is shown here in this older example

The combination of a low sweeping voltage curve and steep torque curve seem to allow for the smoothest starts because you get torque to move without voltage for speed. Check it out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08 PDS 502.10.jpg (37.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-30-2016, 01:01 PM   #24
ncrr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Have you downloaded the toolkit manual? http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...kit-Manual.pdf.
Yes, I have the manual downloaded and saved.
thank you.
henri
ncrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:10 PM   #25
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
The voltage is ramping up too quickly. Try reducing the throttle rate. What is at now?
Additionally try putting a bell curve in the throttle line so the first 20-30% is at a lower angle. Here is a good example of a gentle voltage curve (red) However these days I would suggest a MUCH STEEPER torque curve than what is shown here in this older example

The combination of a low sweeping voltage curve and steep torque curve seem to allow for the smoothest starts because you get torque to move without voltage for speed. Check it out
let me get back to you. I need to plug lap top in and update everything, then look at current settings.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:04 AM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

FWIW: The various throttle curves are interactive and the Throttle Linearization curve alters the affect of both the Speed and Torque curves.

The Throttle Rate also is in the mix and supersedes the curves. However it only controls how fast the controller responds to pedal movement. When set to a high number the controller responses fast to pedal movement and your cart will be trying to speed up or slow down all the time. Setting the rate to a lower put more of a time delay in how fast the controller responds to a pedal movement and you will get a smoother ride (As in, no surges due to your foot bouncing on the pedal, rather than soothing out the rough ride from going over the bumps. )

The Throttle Linearization Curve is how the controller interprets the pedal's physical position. With a true linear curve, (straight line for 0% to 100%) the controller interprets a 10% pedal position as a request for 10% throttle, 20% as 20%, etc. In the first attach picture, the controller interprets the a pedal position of 2% as a request for 10% throttle, 7% as 20%, 15% as 30%, etc. Basically, the controller sees the pedal being pushed further down than it physically is for most of the pedal travel and you have to have a light and steady foot on the pedal to take off gently or maneuver in tight spaces at slow speeds. Of course, this abrupt onset of controller output can be offset using the speed and torque curves.

In the second picture, when the pedal is pushed to 10% the controller interprets it as a 3% throttle request, 20% as 8%, 50% as 30%, etc. In other words, the controller is very forgiving about pedal position during the first half of pedal travel, making taking off gentle and maneuvering at low speed easier.

What isn't readily apparent on the Speed and Torque curves, (lowest order of the hierarchy) is that the throttle position on the graphs is not the physical pedal position. It is the pedal position that the controller has interpreted it to be after it is filtered through the Throttle Linearization Curve.

Also, if you want a really gentle takeoff, select the Turf mode rather than the Street mode. You still have all the and speed, it just takes forever to get it.
Attached Images
File Type: png throttle curves 6-1.2.png (38.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Throttle Linearization - JBB.jpg (164.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:56 AM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Duh! Turf mode! Gentle starts for golf course preservation, right? I keep forgetting about that because, well, honestly, I have 10 golf carts & no clubs.
Thanks Johnnie - welcome back
Old 10-01-2016, 11:59 AM   #28
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Duh! Turf mode! Gentle starts for golf course preservation, right? I keep forgetting about that because, well, honestly, I have 10 golf carts & no clubs.
Thanks Johnnie - welcome back
It took me a while to figure out how the aforementioned adjustments interacted and their hierarchy, the fog is slowly lifting.

From what I can tell, the Turf mode only affects acceleration, or at least my cart, with the other settings left as is, would still start on a ~20° grass covered incline about the same as it did in Street mode. However, it's not a good mode for me to run in since I have to cross some busy roads.

Acceleration is simply too mild for safety in my case. I needed about an 1/8 mile opening in both directions to feel comfortable crossing a two lane road with a 35MPH speed limit. I probably could have perked it up some with the other throttle settings, but didn't try and probably won't. I just switched back to Street mode.

I've still got some tweaking to do, but I can take off on wet grass without spinning the tires by using only the top 1/4 of the pedal travel and still set you back in the seat when I slam the pedal to the floor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:49 PM   #29
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I plugged it in and updated and it changed my speed torque curve to what's pictured. I failed to take a picture of what is was before, but it looked much different. Did I just screw up my settings? I lowered throttle rate to 30% from 35%. Haven't tested it yet, waiting on wife to get home to watch sleeping toddler.

IMG_4453.jpg
Old 10-01-2016, 02:26 PM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I lowered throttle rate to 30% from 35%

Where is the speed curve? Put the mouse pointer on the line, right click & select add point. left click on new point and drag to position.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO