lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2018, 04:47 PM   #11
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: EZGO RXV Brake Operation Proper Sequence

Well, controller replacement did not change a thing. Same symptoms, new controller. So, I pulled the mat to get to the pedal assembly. The pedal assembly has a sensor and a switch. Switch is activated at full pedal travel. What was happening is the brake pedal was not returning to the two rubber bumpers, it was stopping about 1/8" short. I spray lubed all the hinge points but it was still a little erratic on a full return, I tighted up on the brake tension nut about 1 1/4 turns. The return spring how has enough force to return the pedal to "0". All is well and the carts runs great.

Anyone need a tested Danaher controller??
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2018, 05:24 PM   #12
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Glad you got it fixed Gary.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:54 PM   #13
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hindsight from a newbie to RXV, I should have gone to the pedal assembly first.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:44 PM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Hindsight from a newbie to RXV, I should have gone to the pedal assembly first.
I'm glad it was what we thought.

You might want to go ahead and bush those spring ends like we discussed. Otherwise it'll be coming back for that later when dust and dirt starts getting into the pivot again. Can't help it, the pedal tray has holes on the bottom that allows grit and grass bits to get in there.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:56 AM   #15
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bob, I never found the spring ends that you described. But I fixed it and wish I had not even thought of purchasing the controller for $400, until I tore apart the brake area and learned on my own. Would have been fixed for nothing. That was just plain stupid on my part. I am stuck with a controller that I most likely will never touch again. Expensive lesson learned.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:03 PM   #16
andrewuk311
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Bob, I never found the spring ends that you described. But I fixed it and wish I had not even thought of purchasing the controller for $400, until I tore apart the brake area and learned on my own. Would have been fixed for nothing. That was just plain stupid on my part. I am stuck with a controller that I most likely will never touch again. Expensive lesson learned.
I’d be willing to take that controller off your hands for ya. I suspect mine kicked the bucket, but may just be paying for an expensive lesson!
andrewuk311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:32 PM   #17
hondaretro
Not Yet Wild

Hello PingEye3 I know this post is a couple years old but any chance you still have the extra Danaher controller you had Lol? I have a ezgo rxv I know it's a long shot...........Thanks, Hondaretro
hondaretro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO