lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2018, 07:12 PM   #1
ROADKING TURK
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 95 Ezgo voltage gauge in dash showing 1 bar?

I recently got a 95 ezgo cart for free, it's 36 volt.
The batteries are 2010 and not taking charge hardly,
With all them hooked together I'm getting 17.5 volts total, I want to purchase new batteries, but not sure if cart will even work . So at what voltage does the cart no longer even try to move at all, I hear no clicking or any thing, just dash voltage gauge showing 1 bar in the middle between empty and full.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
ROADKING TURK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2018, 07:35 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 95 Ezgo voltage gauge in dash showing 1 bar?

I would take a automotive battery charger, and try to charge the Batts up one by one. That way you could eventually get the cart charger to start up and charge normally.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:02 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Or maybe two by two?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:06 PM   #4
ROADKING TURK
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I charge each battery on automatic 20 amps till 4 said charge, had 2 that would not take good charge kept at 5.5 volts then after I took charger off it fell to 4.5 volts.
I just want to find a way to see if the cart will move with out spending $600 on new mattered and it still may have issues .
Old 01-10-2018, 08:14 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I see you're new to this forum, so you may not be familiar with carts.

First, I assume you have six 6 volt batteries? Check the water in each and every cell to make sure the plates are submerged. Only use distilled water.

If you can get your hands on a 6 volt charger, charge them one by one. If you can't find a 6 volt charger to borrow, perhaps you can borrow a 12 volt charger.

If you look at the battery cables, most will connect a battery to another. There will be two which have cables that don't go to another battery. These are called pack positive and pack negative. Start with one and connect one of the 12 volt charger cables to it. Let's just say you choose pack positive. Connect the negative charger cable to the next battery's negative. Do this three times, and you should be able to get the cart charger to kick on.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:20 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You leap-frogged me.

Do you have a friend with a 36 volt cart? If so, put your cart on jack stands, disconnect pack positive and pack negative, connect these to jumper cables, and hook them up to your friend's pack + and -, then see if yours works.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:50 PM   #7
ROADKING TURK
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, I'll see if I can use a buddy cart to check it that way, cart looks good shape but I wanted to see if it would even go before I invest $$$$ in it.
Thanks I'll get back with y'all on it soon.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO