lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2018, 03:19 PM   #1
highlandb
Not Yet Wild

Default medalist motor options

I have a 95 Medalist series drive, spm48400, 400/1000 amp solenoid, 4ga wires, HD FnR, no lift, stock tires currently running on 36V. Earlier this winter borrowed a 48 volt battery pack to test the differences with the stock motor. Results were just as described in numerous posts, picked up @ 33% speed, as I went from 11 to 12 mph to 14 to 16 mph, and the torque increased the same if not better, as best I could test. This is with; I believe the original motor 2 hp series wound GE motor.
I would like to obtain 20 mph on flat terrain, and not lose any torque, for the slight grades the cart will travel. I think this is a realistic expectation from what I have read, but I have been known to be wrong in any given hour.
I have been searching for motors that may help me achieve this goal, and I am reaching out for any recommendations or ideas, as this site and its sponsors have been great in my limited experience.
I plan on switching to a 48 volt battery pack this spring, and not planning on a lift, maybe slightly taller tires that will fit, I think up to 20.5?
Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
highlandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2018, 04:27 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: medalist motor options

highland....what you need is what is considered a HIGH SPEED Motor, with the jump to 48v and a HIGH SPEED motor, you will achieve your goal. such as the Admiral MOT B1 (4450 rpm), OR a AMD RAPTOR 7126 (5330 rpm)

as you can see in my sig, I'm running the Raptor, 500 amp controller, 48v, and on 23" tires and get me down the road on flat ground at 30 mph.......yours will be a little slower.
Sir Nuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:30 PM   #3
highlandb
Not Yet Wild

Sir nuke thank you
I have been looking at the admiral and couple others I will look into raptor. I really would like to get it to 20mph without a lift. Do you think that is realistic with 48 volts and 400 controller?
highlandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:38 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandb View Post
Sir nuke thank you
I have been looking at the admiral and couple others I will look into raptor. I really would like to get it to 20mph without a lift. Do you think that is realistic with 48 volts and 400 controller?
yes.....especially if you put slightly larger tires.....like you mentioned before, 20" tall tires will fit with no problem with out a lift.
Sir Nuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO