lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2018, 09:08 PM   #1
matthewsmith8923
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 36v ezgo pds admiral b2

I have a 36v pds cart. The cart was going 18-19mph with freedom chip on 23in tires. I have installed an xct400 along with 4ga cables. I am getting the same exact speed. I then installed an admiral b2 motor. My speed has not changed at all. I have another ezgo running a b2 with a factory controller and is going 25mph. I had alltrax send me a b2 field map. The cart has a lot of torque but no speed. Is there a setting i can change on the xct to get more speed out of the cart. I am ok with loosing some of my torque due to the fact it tries to do wheelies
matthewsmith8923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2018, 08:33 PM   #2
matthewsmith8923
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 36v ezgo pds admiral b2

can anyone give me an idea of what kind of speed they are getting out of an admiral b2. I just don't feel like I have gained anything by switching from a factory motor to a b2
matthewsmith8923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:41 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

I built one this last summer, although it has a 500 amp controller, 23" tires, and a B2 motor and it runs 25 mph.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:55 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Mine ran 25 mph on 20" tires and 48 volts.
Something weird with this cart.
Freedom chip and 18" tires should be 19 mph.
The 23" tires are 28% bigger than stock 18s so speed should have gone to 24.3 mph.
XCT and 18" tires should go 23 mph and the 23"tires should make it go 29 mph (mathematically)

I suspect the problem is a combination of roll resistance and battery condition.
36v will not make these components perform at their best.
42 or 48 volts makes a big difference.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:45 PM   #5
Csaavedra
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewsmith8923 View Post
I have a 36v pds cart. The cart was going 18-19mph with freedom chip on 23in tires. I have installed an xct400 along with 4ga cables. I am getting the same exact speed. I then installed an admiral b2 motor. My speed has not changed at all. I have another ezgo running a b2 with a factory controller and is going 25mph. I had alltrax send me a b2 field map. The cart has a lot of torque but no speed. Is there a setting i can change on the xct to get more speed out of the cart. I am ok with loosing some of my torque due to the fact it tries to do wheelies
Hey i know its been a long time, did you ever figure out why the ezgo was not going faster? With the admiral mot b2
Csaavedra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36v, admiral, xct
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO