lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2018, 09:22 AM   #1
Rdkoerner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 03 pds with alltrax xct48500 no power

Hey everyone my name is Dean, I'm new to the forum. I have a 03 PDS cart with the new XCT48500 controller kit from ScottyB. Installed and everything checked ok just touched pedal and cart moved. I stopped there and was doing other things to cart( painting body and installing 12v converter) when I tried it again nothing, no lights no solenoid click and no power to key switch. Plugged computer into controller and shows controller but no power, even tried to test fan and shows KSI off. What do I need to test now? Any help in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks
Rdkoerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2018, 10:09 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 03 pds with alltrax xct48500 no power

There is no power to the key switch (KSI)
This power is the battery pack main (+). It originates from the charge receptacle.
2003 TXT KSI power source is a red wire with white stripe from the charge receptacle to the leyswitch. There is a reed switch in the receptacle which may have failed. The switch can be replaced or it can be bypassed as shown
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Reed Switch bypass.jpg (169.2 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:26 AM   #3
Rdkoerner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for helping me ScottyB. I have the body off of cart painting it so no charge plug, had the reed switch hooked straight to battery pack. Something I did think of I wired 12v converter into ksi to shut it off with switch. Anything I could have done wrong on that possibly to keep power from going to switch?
Old 02-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It's possible. Do you have a digital voltmeter? If trace your (+) power supply to the key. Also is the key switch a 2 or 4 post switch. If 4 post which posts have what wire connected to them?
If you have no DVM go here and watch this short video to learn what you need and where to get it.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/troubleshooting-tips.html
Old 02-07-2018, 12:26 PM   #5
Rdkoerner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ScottyB it's a 2 post switch. I have power on red wire from bat side of solenoid and power from reed switch to controller also have power on green w/black tracer which is 1v less than pack.(36.8v is what pack is right now) nothing else has any voltage. Do have power on and thru run/tow switch.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:28 PM   #6
Rdkoerner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Something else battery meter was working (wired to switch also) now not working either
Old 02-07-2018, 12:49 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

DO you have a test meter? Is the switch working?
Old 02-07-2018, 01:23 PM   #8
Rdkoerner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes I have meter and switch ohms out fine but still can't get power to switch therefore no power from switch. Does controller provide power to switch and then back from switch?
Old 02-07-2018, 03:49 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No, As I have been saying the power for the key switch comes from the battery pack. Just run a wire from Battery main (+) to the keyswitch. That should do it.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #10
Rdkoerner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, that made it work again but now about a minute or so with steady green light I get one green and six red flashes( pre charge failure). Says stuck solenoid but don't think so. Voltage on solenoid side just slowly bleeding off after solenoid disengagement. I'm confused on why no power on white wire from controller to ksi. It shows on pds diagram that ksi gets power from controller to ksi back to controller thru white/yellow tracer wire.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO