lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2018, 03:32 PM   #11
SilverRXV
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2009 EZGO RXV won’t move. HELP!!!

Alright I called around and have a few options for batteries... I can either get.

Option 1- (4) Trojan T-1275 for $680
Option 2- (4) Crown CRGC 150 for $628
Option 3- (6) Trojan T-875 and a 6 battery tray for $819
Option 4- (6) Crown CR 165 and a 6 battery tray for $872

What do y’all recommend? I’m trying to decide if the 6 batteries rather than 4 is worth it for the extra cost and the work to install the new tray. Does anybody know what kind of range I can expect out of the listed options. I have no idea how far my cart should be able to ride on a charge since I bought it with used batteries. I only use it to ride around my neighborhood. TIA
SilverRXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2018, 04:52 PM   #12
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

My opinion is if you are going to keep the cart for the long term, go ahead and upgrade to the 6 battery setup. You'll get more range for sure.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:08 AM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
My opinion is if you are going to keep the cart for the long term, go ahead and upgrade to the 6 battery setup. You'll get more range for sure.
Totally agree, put the best batteries you can get. That means NO MORE 12v batteries. The Rxv is a much better cart with a bigger pack. Only other major deal I would do is Get a better charger. The original one sucks. This is straight from a certified Ezgo tech.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:06 AM   #14
bob landrum
Not Yet Wild

My 2014 RXV has a similar problem, I have found that when its locked up I put the key in netural and switch the tow/run to tow, move the cart back and forth then switch tow/run bakc to run. I then turn key switch to R and the reverse alarm sounds off, I then turn key to F and cart works just fine. But if I turn key to OFF it locks up and I have to repeat process. Something is wrong but what is it.
bob landrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:28 AM   #15
bob landrum
Not Yet Wild

I have a similar problem with my 2014 RXV EZGO only if I don't put the key in the 'OFF position it seems to work fine, but when I turn it to off the cart locks up.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:32 AM   #16
bob landrum
Not Yet Wild

Going for my 3rd post. I have a 2014 RXV EZGO with brake locking up and not running. I have noticed that if I never turn the Key to the OFF position the cart works. However when I turn the key to OFF the cart locks up and when I turn to key to R or F I get a buzzing noise from under the passenger seat.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:56 AM   #17
Wynelocked
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have learned...most issues on EZGO electric carts....stem from the batterys

Dont muck around....put in the best battery you can afford!
Wynelocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:07 AM   #18
bob landrum
Not Yet Wild

Batteries, What have your heard about Jel Batteries
Old 02-18-2018, 11:16 PM   #19
SilverRXV
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Totally agree, put the best batteries you can get. That means NO MORE 12v batteries. The Rxv is a much better cart with a bigger pack. Only other major deal I would do is Get a better charger. The original one sucks. This is straight from a certified Ezgo tech.

I did purchase a nice new charger a few months back from a company on amazon. It’s a (DPI Accusense Battery Charger). It appears to be nice and actually increased my carts distance some over my stock charger although my batteries have been needing to be replaced. One more question, should I get Trojan or Crown batteries? Those are my two options from the two local cart dealers near me. I can get 6 Trojan T-875 or 6 Crown CR 165 for about $50 more. Which should I go with? Thanks in advance!
SilverRXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:51 AM   #20
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I have no experience with crowns. So I'm gonna have to stay out of that one. You got a very good charger tho.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO