lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2018, 10:45 PM   #1
06madaman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rxv 2 gauge battery cable FULL SET

I have a Rxv with four 12v batteries. I’d like to upgrade to a full set of 2 gauge battery cables. I’ve seen a website that sells the full set, but the lengths seem a bit too long. From site: 2 gauge battery cable set which includes two 12", one 15", one 30" and one 40" battery cables. Does this sound right? My battery cables seem shorter, especially the 40” one. I don’t wanna make my own. I see Scotty b has them on his site for single length 2 gauge wires. Sorta “a la carte”. Might go that route, if no response...
06madaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2018, 10:54 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Rxv 2 gauge battery cable FULL SET

Those are way longer than needed. And your stock Rxv doesn't need 2ga cables. I don't think those 12v batteries, and stock controller, can even saturate 4g cables. But, hey, overkill is the best way to kill! The motor cables (which are not replaceable) aren't that big.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:02 PM   #3
06madaman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks cgtech! I’ve read posts from BobBoyce that said he had his Rxv with 2g cables and stock controller and they made a difference. Just trying to squeeze out the last bit of performance from my freedom Rxv....
06madaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:49 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you were building a bigger/heavier vehicle (like Bob is), you might see a benefit. Just 4g will be fine for what you are doing. I'm not saying "don't do 2g", just saying i wouldn't worry or spend extra for your otherwise stock Rxv with 12v batteries (have you considered upgrading that to 6x 8v? Would be at the very top of the list if I owned a Rxv with 12v batts). I'm not "parroting from the site", I do this everyday for a living at a Ezgo dealership.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #5
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I was just going to search this and wahla! So I've got the stock 350 amp controller and 4 gauge cables that need replaced, four 12v that are only 3 years old. I'm planning on the six 8v conversion when the time comes and hope to find someone someday to tweak my controller who's not a thousand miles away. Is there a set of 2 gauge cables available for the 6-8v conversion I can buy and use part of now on 4-12v? Scottyb dosent have a "set". The 4 GA set that came with 350 amp controller are way to long and have some corrosion.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO