lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2018, 06:29 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT PDS Dies On Non Flat Surfaces.

I had 2 people ask me about this today so - in the for what it's worth category.

There is nothing in the golf cart's drive system that can repeated create the scenario described besides the speed controller.

Completely shutting off under load and then coming back to life after a short period is thermal shut down and then the cooling of the thermal device which allows the cart to go again until it exceeds the threshold again.

I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2018, 11:52 AM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy000 View Post
Johnnie, I was just reading a simliar post to mine that you commented on and two big things i noticed. The hill I was trying to climb was pretty steap! Way steaper than the recommended incline you posted, although it would do it sometimes. I've been curious how accurate the battery meter was. The first time the cart died a month or two ago I thought it was from the way the lights were only wired to two batteries. Of course I dont have my meter here again to check the actual voltage per battery. Im currious what those two batteries will read!
There are several undesirable things going on with your cart, a stock PDS controller trying to turn 22" tall tires, steep hills and tall tires, two of the batteries in the 36V pack tapped for 12V accessories. The first two have all but killed your 10 year old controller and the third one is killing your 3 month old batteries.

The combination of age and stress have damaged your controller and it will get progressively worse until it completely ceases to function. Replacing it with a "Rebuilt" or "Re-manufactured" PDS controller is not a cost effective answer because they are actually repaired controllers and the only parts replaced were the ones that failed, so the rest of components are the same age as the ones that failed and likely to fail also. A new PDS controller costs as much, if not more, than an XCT and will still be over-stressed by the tall tires and steep hills.

As for the batteries, they are connected in series, so they are charged in series on the assumption they have all been discharged equally. If some are discharged more than others (IE: Running 12V accessories), they won't be as fully charged because the charger only sees the average charge of the battery pack. Since they aren't as full charged at the beginning on the next discharge, they will be discharged further than the rest because the drive system discharges them in series, taking equal amounts of energy from each battery. The imbalance gets worse with each charge/discharge cycle and the net effect is damaging all the batteries because the undercharged ones cause the others to be overcharged due to the charge seeing only the average.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 04:48 AM   #23
biphase
Gone Wild

If you decide to replace your controller, I would be interested in buying your core.
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO