lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2018, 05:52 PM   #1
Tim0905dart
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo txt year and batteries

I’m looking at a ezgo txt to purchase. Was told it is 2012 model but has the forward/reverse switch below the seat which was told in 2012 and newer it will be on the dash. Under the seat I looked at the serial number and the last 2 digits are 89 but it’s newer than an 89 by the body of it. How can I tell what year it actually is. Also it has 2014 crown batteries how long do they generally last? It’s a 36v wanting 1600. Bone stock. Thanks for any advice
Tim0905dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2018, 06:54 AM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo txt year and batteries

All TXT's left the factory as 48v carts starting in mid 2010. The last of the series carts with a direction lever by your knee were released in 2008 or maybe a few in 2009 and these would all be 36v. Can you provide pictures?

Generally speaking golf cart batteries last 5-7 years on average when WELL cared for. So those crowns are in their 4th year and are past the half way point of their useful life under the BEST of circumstances. Odds are they are pretty used up.

There are always exceptions. More info is needed to accurately pin down exactly what this cart is.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:01 AM   #3
Tim0905dart
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks. Don’t know if these pics will help but I took them the other day
Old 03-22-2018, 07:20 AM   #4
hyper1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

lift the seat the inspection plate right behind the seat in the middle. If you open the seat the flap at the rear covering the frame in the middle of the rear of the seat should lift up. Under it should be a decal with all the info on it. Like mine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart3.jpg (249.4 KB, 0 views)
hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:32 AM   #5
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Removed
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:50 AM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Zooming in on the second picture, I can see the direction selector. It is definitely a series cart and so odds are not newer than 2008 and likely older.
Series means F/R is a mechanical switch. All newer/present day carts have electronic F/R switching.
Cart will be relatively slow but generally reliable. Will cost more to speed up than sepex carts if this is important to you.
Pictures are small and dark but the cart appears to be in good shape from what I can see.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:00 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Look at where the steering column bolts to the floor. If it is 3 bolts it is 2001 or older. 4 bolts newer. It probably is an early cart rebuilt in 2012 which is okay but older equipment. IMO $1600 is little steep for a bare cart.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:32 AM   #8
Tim0905dart
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks I will check. Around my area stock carts with new batteries are running 22-2500 so that’s what I’m going off of, plus they are not new
Old 03-23-2018, 02:28 PM   #9
del50man
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim0905dart View Post
I’m looking at a ezgo txt to purchase. Was told it is 2012 model but has the forward/reverse switch below the seat which was told in 2012 and newer it will be on the dash. Under the seat I looked at the serial number and the last 2 digits are 89 but it’s newer than an 89 by the body of it. How can I tell what year it actually is. Also it has 2014 crown batteries how long do they generally last? It’s a 36v wanting 1600. Bone stock. Thanks for any advice

Try this website. https://shop.txtsv.com/vehicle/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
del50man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO