lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2018, 01:35 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Help! Completely dead after 1 month

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Is there anything "extra" connected to the battery(s?) that read 0.2 volts? The 5.5 I could understand as static discharge or whatever, but 0.2 is extreme - both being that low and that different from the others.
By all means charge it as scottyb mentions and let us know what you've got after the pack settles.
I was wondering the same thing. How could that happen?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2018, 01:00 PM   #12
Dsiekman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help! Completely dead after 1 month

Thanks guys. I’ll give it a shot and see what happens.
Dsiekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:08 AM   #13
Dsiekman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Completely dead after 1 month

Sorry for the delay, life has been crazy lately.

I tried charging in pairs but my car charger did not like it. I ended up charging individually. The only 6v setting I have is 10A manual, so I only let them go for about an hour each, bringing each battery up to right around 6v (5.9-6.0). I wired everything back up before work this morning and plugged in the automatic charger and it kicked on. The cart is outside, so fingers crossed I don't burn anything down.

ScottyB, my next stop this morning is your website to pick up a digital battery meter!
Old 05-10-2018, 10:17 AM   #14
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

I have installed a battery pack disconnect switch and use it daily ... it eliminates any chance of a parasite load draining your batteries such as voltage converter or leaving a key switch on accidentally. The other thing you could do is disconnect a battery terminal for storage, but the switch is much more convenient.

My switch is a Blue Sea 6006 rated for 48 VDC, 300 amps continuous, 500 amps intermittent (5 min) and 900 amps cranking (30 sec).

Batteries are too expensive ... a battery switch can help them to "live long and prosper"!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5923.jpg (246.8 KB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:11 PM   #15
Dsiekman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That's a great idea! I may even have a spare one floating around somewhere.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #16
Dsiekman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So I got the cart up and running again. Installed a new voltage meter from ScottyB today and plugged in the charger. I was watching the meter as I was working on other projects. Before I came in for dinner I noticed the meter was at 44.1. That seems high to me for a 36v pack. What should I be seeing?
Old 05-26-2018, 08:20 PM   #17
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The charger should cutoff somewhere around 45 volts, so that is perfectly normal. After 12 hours or so the pack will settle down to about 38.2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsiekman View Post
So I got the cart up and running again. Installed a new voltage meter from ScottyB today and plugged in the charger. I was watching the meter as I was working on other projects. Before I came in for dinner I noticed the meter was at 44.1. That seems high to me for a 36v pack. What should I be seeing?
Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:53 PM   #18
Dsiekman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It came down to 38.8. I was reading somewhere in the stickies not to let the voltage drop below 80%. Is that 80% of 38.8 or 36? Assuming that is at rest, not underway?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO