lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Set Up Wheel Alighnment From Scratch?

Hey. I've been dealing with a wobble in my 2004 TXT. It improved with some newer tires, but I think it's the alignment. I want to start from scratch. Will check the bolt-to-bolt distances and adjust front axle. OK. Book then says turn wheel to right to seat the right spindle against the axle. BUT, do I assume both wheels have the same range of motion? If so, then both wheels should seat to the right, then the rack ball joint fits to its mount on the right, and the tie rod fitted to both sides to tie them together symmetrically. Then fine tune the tie rod to adjust toe in. Do I have this right? Or, is there any difference in the left front wheel range of motion?

Thanks!
Buggieman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2018, 06:07 PM   #2
highspeedgraphix
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Set Up Wheel Alighnment From Scratch?

I would look at wheel/hub bearings and ball joints first. camber and toe will cause tire wear issues, not a wobble.
highspeedgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:44 PM   #3
Rwalsh77
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The “wobble” may have been understeer/oversteer

I just got done adjusting my toe after an axel replacement and all the “wobble” I had last night is gone!!

Set mine to about 1/4” toe in

Google the process for details but you basically measure the front of the front tires, center to center. Then the rear of the front tires. Mine was about an inch toe-in last night (front measurement was an inch shorter than the back)

Now it’s all fixed up and drives great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rwalsh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:52 AM   #4
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, I'm familiar with alignment method. But, I want to know how to initially set the tie rod with the right wheel seated to the axle. Because the tie rod has two adjustable ends, it is possible to start the left wheel toed in or out, and it will never align. How do you get the left wheel to the same turn angle to the right to begin with? Do they both set right and left to the same degree angle?
Buggieman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO