lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2018, 02:29 PM   #21
AprilV
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Best buggy for the farm?

Thanks for that specific advice Bob, appreciate it! :-)
AprilV is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2018, 03:03 PM   #22
bbriggs
Not Yet Wild

Both of my Carryalls go all day around the farm, even pulling my trailer, and seldom draw the batteries below 80% SOC. They are designed with eight 6v batteries and have 20 hp peak motors. Getting the electric Carryall 2, 6, in your price range is doable and would include the 4 wheel brakes which are rather nice on morning dew-covered grass. The standard bed is a manual or electric dump, which is rather handy when carrying loose mulch or debris. Bench seat, lots of load capacity and towing capacity, I would be looking for a 2007 or newer Carryall 2 electric with IQ Plus. But that's just 1 opinion.
bbriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:41 PM   #23
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do any and all wiring up right with sealed connectors where required and don't worry about rain or washing.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:47 PM   #24
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilV View Post
Thanks y'all! I greatly appreciate all the info.. being such a newbie. :-) So... where is a good place to learn all about these batteries? Is there a thread I should go to? I am wondering about how to maintain them, what does 6x8 conversion mean and what about solar, is that even an option yet?
I've built a solar charged cart, and others have as well. Rain is not an issue, golf carts are built to operate out in the weather. 6X8 is 6 X 8V batteries instead of the more common 4 X 12V batteries. The 8 volt batteries provide more KiloWatts of stored energy. I bought a new battery tray for 6 X 8V batteries, but I never put it to use. I still have a lot of used 12V deep cycle batteries that I retired from one of my solar power systems when I upgraded to higher capacity batteries.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:34 AM   #25
AprilV
Not Yet Wild

OK... went shopping checked them all over. EZ Go seems to be easier to find here in Central TX and cheaper than the Club Cars. The guy though kept telling me that the EZ-Go "TXT" was the "work horse" not the "RXV"? However, I didn't care for the way the TXT took the bumps... maybe because no independent suspension? Also, I really don't like that reverse button down by the seat, it is like right behind my right leg! SO, what is the deal there, is it really a "work horse", what would make it better than the RXV... I can't tell?
Old 05-14-2018, 07:18 AM   #26
hyper1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

My TXT is on the dash, and it rides good. I love my TXT
hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:41 AM   #27
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Reverse under / on seat might be old series cart ... not what you want.. F&R burnup issues when towing/loaded heavy. Can be upgraded but will add cost and still not match RXV .

TXT is a good cart.. RXV is fast (19 mph) stock - with just a software key (under 100$ typical from dealer) .

Stock RXV on golf cart tires pulled dead Chevy Silverado up a small incline 250 yards to shop with no problem.

RXV can pull heavy loads without a problem and have the ability to move slowly with precise control as well as having good top speed.

outfitted with a utility bed and frame (suspension) mount hitch--- Good work cart.

Again test drive one -- pull something heavy --- climb a hill.
compare to Club car and TXT.

Dont jump at first option--

Good luck--- hope we can help !!!
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:08 AM   #28
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

EZGO Workhorse would be the way to go, larger tires, dump bed, larger motors, a heavier duty suspension, Gas carts are not that loud unless your trying to sneak up on wildlife.. I never owned a workhorse, but I do own a older marathon and that cart is a torque monster, climbs hills better than any of my other carts, I plow snow with it, I've towed my 5'x10' landscape trailer with a golf cart in it up a fairly steep hill, I've pulled trees out of the woods with it, down my 300' driveway and then 2000' down the road to the neighbors house..I've owned 7 carts 5 gas 2 electric, all good, being out in the country I prefer the gas better.. as of now I have a club car DS with a atv engine in it(5speed) and a Yamaha G9 with a Vegas cart engine (25hp)and my basically stock EZ-GO and if I did a tug of war with them the EZ-GO would win.. This is one mans opinion among many.. Good luck in your search..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170402_175926.jpg (1.01 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20151106_110511.jpg (576.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20151121_131109.jpg (523.8 KB, 0 views)
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:47 PM   #29
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

The TXT can be a good workhorse... if you spend a lot of money on upgrades required to allow it to tow or go slow a lot, and not overheat the motor and controller. The RXV requires none of those upgrades. Really, an optional upgrade we'll sometimes do is to upgrade to bigger battery cables to allow the controller to draw more current from the batteries. That is only required if you want to get up to speed a lot quicker and to go to a faster (28 MPH or more) top end. That can be done by just programming, no other parts required.

A stock RXV has better low end torque without the need for a new motor and higher current controller, and it goes fast too. The best all around cart for work and getting around faster. You don't have to choose between speed and torque, a stock RXV gives you both. It will not overheat the motor or the controller when being used at slow speeds for long durations of time. As I mentioned before, the more efficient AC drive also wastes less energy.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:27 PM   #30
AprilV
Not Yet Wild

OK... yes Bob, I think the fella mentioned the RXVs having AC drive instead of DC. Sounds like that is a requirement that goes on my list!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO