lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2018, 01:58 AM   #31
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best buggy for the farm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilV View Post
OK... yes Bob, I think the fella mentioned the RXVs having AC drive instead of DC. Sounds like that is a requirement that goes on my list!
Most dealers don't like AC drives due to the complexity of troubleshooting. They don't like change. Series and SepEx are so much simpler, and the dealers get to upsell lots of performance upgrades. With the RXV, it's more a matter of upselling cosmetic improvements.

Motor speed is not based on power applied as much as it is based on the frequency of the drive. When more torque is required, that is when drive current increases. They can be independent of one another. So it is possible to cruise along on level ground, as slow as you want, without heating up your motor and controller with excess current draw.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2018, 08:56 AM   #32
messala69
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

WE have an RXV 48 and a Yahama gas we use on our farm. They do it all for us.
messala69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:53 PM   #33
Paul Dobbin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

April.
Ten years ago we bought a 1989 Club Car (Gas). Best vehicle we ever bought!
I can take it anywhere on this hilly farm with the addition of 4 Duro knobby tires. I installed a herbicide tank on the back and a trailer hitch. Ir allows me to do all my fence lines and carry tools to mend fences and bring back firewood from distant fields and hills. With our barn within 200 feet of the house and 40 feet lower than the house, it's a leg savior for arthritic knees.
You should be able to find a nice one for less than your $3,000 goal. Gas is better for hills and I have not ever had to spend $700 for new batteries and I can pull all my trailers around the barn yard. (Not loaded though). No gas smell, no noise either. I even have a snow plow for mine. It has a roof and a windshield that is a branch shield too and keeps the wind off my face.
Paul
Paul Dobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:09 PM   #34
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you haven't noticed yet both types of carts can do most or all of what you need. Either can be a good choice. If you will keep it for some time buy the type and brand you can get proficient help with nearby. If you are handy with gas engines or electrical devices pick that one. If you will have to hire out service and support get the one your local service outlet knows well and can fix handily.

Good luck with your decision. A cart will prove useful to you in many ways.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:16 PM   #35
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good advise!! If you are not handy, your local dealer or shop is your best friend when problems arise.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO